by
EE Community Manager

Upgrading & new customers: Get six free months of Apple Music

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, 

This is the place to ask questions about signing up for and using Apple Music. 

Upgrading and new customers can now get six free months of Apple Music. 

It’s available for anyone starting a pay monthly phone contract or SIM only plan, with an iOS or Android phone - including upgrading customers.

And getting started couldn’t be simpler – just text 'MUSIC' to 150. 

With Apple Music you can play and download millions of songs, including the ones you already own, on all your devices. You can listen to new music first and releases found only here - and handpicked playlists and recommendations in every genre help you easily discover more music to love.

Learn more about Apple Music on our website >

How to get six free months of Apple Music

• You can start your six months of Apple Music on us at any time within the first 30 days of your contract.

• Ask in-store when setting up your contract, or add as an extra in your basket if you’re buying online.

• If you’re an upgrading customer, text ‘MUSIC’ to 150 from your new phone within 30 days.

• We’ll send you a text with a link so that you can get set up straight away.

• The text will be free, as long as you’re in the UK.

• If you’re currently in the middle of your contract, you’ll be able to claim when you upgrade.

• After your first six months are finished, your Apple Music subscription will cost £9.99 a month.

• Your monthly subscription fee will automatically be added onto your phone bill, and you can cancel at any time.

See our Help site for detailed Apple Music set-up instructions >

apple-music_community_980x980_v4.png

If you have any questions, please post them below and we'll be able to help.

- Tiff & the Community Team

160 REPLIES
by
Investigator

Re: Upgrading & new customers: Get six free months of Apple Music

Hi, 

I seem to be having alot of issues when trying to link my account to the 6 months apple music. I have the text confirmation on my mobile, when I press the link a windows oppens trying to open itunes. It then pushes this over to the Google play store to download the apple music app. Opening the app from the play store then asks me to accept terms and conditions and allow the app to access the phone permissions. It then says managing subscriptions before finally asking me to join apple music. the only option from here it to choose the family plan, individual plan or Uni plan. It has not detected the EE 6 months free. 

Just in case I needed to push to the next step for the EE 6 months free to be detected I tried logging in with my apple ID and was greeted with the message please pay £9.99. Is there something I am missing. I would ideally like to know how EE intended to link my apple ID (which you do not currently have) to 6 months subscription? I have also tried to contact live help today to be told a advisor would join and then never did and I have tried calling the helpline with no response so far. 

Hopefully this issue is just a teething problem for the service as this was the only good thing to come from the removal of the complete plan which would have allowed to me upgrade my phone every year and replace it with BT sports which I am never going to use. 

Hopefully someone can help with this issue or let me know if you have the same issue. 

many thanks 

Jake

by
EE Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hi @jaybo and welcome to the Community 

Just to confirm you are within the first 30 days of either a new connection or upgrade?

It may be worth popping over to  See our Help site for detailed Apple Music set-up instructions  if you have not already.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi Lee, 

Yup. Recieved the note 7 upgrade today. Plus you have to have the addon processed to get to that stage. You can do this by either texting music to 150 or by adding the addon on the helpline. I have searched the detailed help for this morning with no luck at all. 

Settling in to the fact that EE are just not the company to get the note 7 on anymore. No gear VR headset because apparently thats a deal EE didnt want to strike with Samsung. No more 12 month upgrade as the complete plan has been removed and in its place sports and a 6 months Apple subscription. I suspect rather than 6 months free subscription that this is being treated as a free trial which would explain why it doesnt detect the offer. If thats the case though anyone who has signed up to Apple music and taken advantage of free trials before paying with Apple will not be able to use this offer. 

As apple started the music service with 3 month trials for everyone i suspect that millions of EE customers will not be able to benefit from the 6 months free Apple music from EE 

Either way im stuck with EE because it really is the fastest. For now at least. 

by

Hi @jaybo

It can take up to 24hours for your account to be complete with the full promotion and bundles, it might be worth while trying again in 24 hours and see how you get on in activating your account.

Let us know though either way.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

Thanks Lee. I will post back tomorrow as thats all i cam do now. I dont think it's activation though. Everything became active yesterday when i received the activation text. That was over 24 hours ago and everything on the account works fine including all the new extra. Just this one thats causing the issues. 

by

Hi @jaybo

I will do a little digging over night to see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

Every time I try this it states I 'do not have an Apple Music subscription'. I have been trying since yesterday and then had to pay £9.99 which I don't think is right so I contacted apple and got a refund and now when I cliche link to verify my membership the above message is all I get. Surely for 6 months free I shouldn't need to pay for a month just to have an active membership and therefore lose out on a month.  I have tried on my original very recently upgraded account and also on my iPhone with no luck....

by

Hello there @markdyer72.

Thanks for coming to the community.

How long ago did you upgrade?

Please see the help pages here to get this set up.

Thanks.

by
Investigator

Upgraded on Monday 29th August. I have just received a refund from Apple for the £9.99 and as I say all I get when I try to get it is you do not have an active subscription, surely I shouldn't need to pay to get an active subscription therefore costing me for something that should be free and I effect then only getting 5 months although that's all depending if it's gone through as each time I do it I never get anything back stating my Apple ID is linked to ee. I have tried on android device for which the upgrade occurred and also on my iPhone.  The add on is clearly visible in my acc so why can I not use it....

by

Hello @markdyer72.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have you followed the set up guide on the help pages?

If so call our customer service they will get this looked into for you.

Thanks.

by
Investigator

Have tried everything, I will try again on the android device and if that fails I will contact CS

by

Thanks @markdyer72.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

As I am at work have just got my daughter to try again on the android, tried on wifi and we network and gets so far they then just get 'oops something went wrong, network error'. By time get it sorted the 6 months will have ran out..l definitely not good 😕

by

Thanks @markdyer72.

This will need investigated by customer service.

They will help you with this Smiley Happy

Thanks.

by
Investigator

Hi Lee, 

Tried again today and still nothing. I went the extra step today and actually subscribed to the service for 9.99 to see if the 6 months were then added to the account. No such luck. 

On top of all that i had to make sure the note 7 didnt explode. Fun times. 

Did you manage to find any info out? It seems al least one other Customer has had the issue today. 

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Have just gone through the link again on my iPhone and got to the page 'for you' went to download an album and requested I go into settings and enable iCloud music, which I have done and is now allowing me to download albums, so I am assuming all is good...

altho upon further investigation quite a few albums won't allow playback some the songs one that album....how can I find out if it's fully set up or not..

Highlighted
by
Investigator

Hi Mark,  

Looking through the other posts you have put on here I would check the subscription in the top left hand corner of the iphone or android device that you have it working on. I suspect that although apple have refunded you the money they account has not yet been shut off. Either way once you are in there you should either see your next bill date if they have not yet cancelled the subscription as well as (and more importantly) the date that your current subscription will run out. 

If this says March 2017 then you have the EE 6 months free. Mine however does not and still have no way of activating the 6 months. 

Hopefully the customer services team will get back to us soon on this one. Already had enough disappointment that my new Note 7 has to be exchanged and EE keeping radio silence on information around that. 

by
Investigator

Hi thanks for that I was refunded yesterday and when I tried accessing iTunes music this morning I was greeted with join now/not now/subscribed via network provider, which is what I clicked and always was greeted with no active subscription/membership, then left it for a while and then clicked thru the link again and was greeted with the 'for you' page which I had never got before, in manage my services it states 'cancelled' and gives me options to subscribe to paid services....I have checked my iTunes balance and that is still as it was when got refunded... Hoping it's sorted, sure should say somewhere that you are subscribed via EE. Didn't have this problem with BT sport, altho dissappointed wi that anyway as cannot use it on my iPad which is quite a waste as I don't plan sitting watching it on my iPhone...

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hopefully the customer services team will get back to us soon on this one. Already had enough disappointment that my new Note 7 has to be exchanged and EE keeping radio silence on information around that. 

Have just seen that Samsung have suspended sales of galaxy note 7 due to reports there batteries exploding whilst charging 😮

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.