cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why can i not reactivate my old number? Or can i.

DF12
Investigator
Investigator

It seems very stupid to read post about EE reusing supposedly OLD mobile numbers because, my phone number was connected to all my social networks and paypal and ebay and everything. 

Im sure its against my data protection as it connected to everything in my name.

I had problems changing numbers because it was trying to validate my old number. Its dead, WTF. I should be able to top up my account when i want to use this, especially to update my private settings in websites.

If people are buying reused numbers they wont get permission to register accounts with places like Ebay and PayPal. They actually save phone numbers permanently so you cant create two accounts under different names. 

That would deactivate my real ebay account eventually. 

This seems totally wrong. You cant sell numbers that have been used to register on many other websites before, i feel ripped off, if i got a used number. Its like being sold a used car and not getting a brand new one. 

Come on sort this massive problem out, i just wanted to use the sim i bought originally its mine connected to my personal accounts. Its a violation against my privacy. I might see if i can see if your committing an offence. 

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DF12  If it’s a pay-as-you-go they have to be used every two months to keep them active if they’re not used they go into hibernation after three months you can get a further three months to reactivate it if you don’t then the number is recycled there isn’t an infinite supply of phone numbers so they have to be reused. 

Dont be stupid ive just explained they are doing something wrong

@DF12 To keep a number you have to use it.  If it’s not used it gets recycled and its a simple as that. EE are not doing anything wrong. 

DF12
Investigator
Investigator

Your making the rules up as your going along, well im here to tell you, theirs a massive problem with what you as a company is doing. Im sure there are people you have to comply with if you fob customers off.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DF12,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As @Chris_B mentioned, there isn't an unlimited pool of phone numbers available. To make sure we don't run out, numbers will be recycled after they have been out of service for a while.

Thanks

James

@DF12   Perhaps you should read THIS.