by StuMed80 Investigator
Investigator

What Happened To Customer Loyalty

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER LOTALTY?

Recently I phoned up about an upgrade to my contract as mine is about to run out in about a months time and I was getting messages about free upgrades.

When speaking with the gentleman about what deals he can do me, all he said was he can do was to remove what’s left on my contract (£52) so I can upgrade. I tried to explain about the messages I am getting about a free upgrade anyway so that’s not a deal.

I decided then on the phone to him I would let my contract run out now in December.

A few points I have noticed staying with EE

1. You can’t transfer your number to another EE contract that is cheaper on a third party website.
  2. Customer loyalty does not exist anymore.
  3. The best deals are aimed at new customers and not existing (who you would think they would like to keep hold of).
  4. Offers now are for broadband and free gifts rather than a better phone plan.

it would be interesting to hear other people’s thoughts on this. Maybe it’s just me getting older and a bit Victor Meldrew.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What Happened To Customer Loyalty

These contracts don't just run out. After the min. term they just carry on on a rolling month's notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by StuMed80 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I understand that.

I’m after other customers thoughts on customer loyalty.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's easy! There isn't any from EE towards its custs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@StuMed80   It’s not that EE will not let you move your number if you get a contract from a 3rd party it’s that fact it’s not possible to move from one contract to another contract.  To keep your number what you need to do is move your number to another network on pay-as-you-go and then you need to move it back to your new contract on EE.    

it’s the same price for new customers as upgrading customers.  And why should anyone get a better deal than anyone else.  And customer loyalty stopped years ago because the costs of devices got more expensive and why should the network cover that cost.    

majority of the free gifts are supplied by the manufacturers of those gifts because you’re purchasing their devices.  

by StuMed80 Investigator
Investigator

But it’s not the same price. On the EE website I found a contract cheaper than my upgrade one and asked for that, and they said it’s for new number contracts only?

i don’t want a new number I want the one I have. They won’t match. Hence the point of this post. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.