cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unlimited 5g, it it actually unlimited

Peeps112
Explorer

Looking to buy the unlimited 5g data plan, was wondering if it was actually unlimited, I know some networks have a stupid limit of 1000gb, was wondering if ee would do the same. 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Peeps112 

I have the feeling from your question you already know the answer. 

As per EE terms and conditions

Unlimited Plans
Uncapped and Unlimited data - 50GB fair use policy applies outside UK. Personal, non-commercial use only. If you regularly tether 12 or
more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. We will consider usage above
1000GB/month to be commercial use and have the right to move you to a business plan. You can choose from 3 swappables (Amazon Prime
Video, BT Sport or the Roam Further Pass). 5G Handset customers can gift up to 120GB all other unlimited customers can gift up to 100GB.
Data usage on an unlimited plan will decrement from giftable allowance. Any data boost allowance will be added to the giftable allowance.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Peeps112

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

All of our unlimited plans are uncapped so you can use as much data as you like, as long as it's for personal use.

For more information on personal use, please see our terms and conditions.

You can find full information on our How do Unlimited Plans work? Help page.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

So let's say if I use 1000gb for personal use, which I do as I watch a lot of 4k files, I will be okay? 

Hi @Peeps112 

As per the T&C I suspect a one off wont matter, but if you are consistently exceeding 1000GB then you maybe contacted. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hmmm, and would a business plan work out more expensive, and would I even be able to get one as I am not a business, just a personal user.