cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unable to make 0330 calls from a mobile using EE

martynb23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I'm trying to make a 0330 call from my mobile but I get a message saying my phone is currently not set up to make these calls.

Does anyone know where I change whatever setting this is in please?

Thanks

Martyn

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Bristolian -I've waited a couple of days to see if it was a glitch and sure enough, all seems to be well with ringing 03 numbers now (except Wickes is still engaged!) and at least I don't get that message saying I'm not set up to make those sort of call.

I don't have a reason why it happened but hey, I'll take it.

Thanks for your input 👍

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @martynb23 

An 03 number is a standard rate number charged at the same rate as a landline, so this makes me wonder if it's a problem with the specific number you're calling.

Can you call other landline numbers ok? There's a few 03 numbers that are answered by an IVR (machine) rather than human being, that I would suggest testing on.

Thanks for coming back to me - it's actually Wickes customer service number but I can't ring other 0330 numbers either.  My BT landline won't allow it either but my wifes EE mobile can ring it - but it's busy, LOL!

Can you try National Rail Enquiries? Or perhaps Highways England?

Both of them have 03 numbers that are easily found on Google, and are answered by IVRs rather than humans. I dare say most high street banks (except First Direct) would also work.

Might help see whether you've got a general problem or it's just Wickes playing up 🙂

Thanks Bristolian -I've waited a couple of days to see if it was a glitch and sure enough, all seems to be well with ringing 03 numbers now (except Wickes is still engaged!) and at least I don't get that message saying I'm not set up to make those sort of call.

I don't have a reason why it happened but hey, I'll take it.

Thanks for your input 👍