cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

The spelling of SIM

Ianh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Capture.png

8 REPLIES 8
Ianh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

even the uploading of pictures is broken. 

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Pictures need to be approved by a mod before they are posted.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Ianh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

i'll be honest, im pretty sure if they cant spell sim, then looking at a picture probably wont make any sense either.

Inyourbox
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Ianh!

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community today. 😀

I have approved your picture. However, at the moment, it does not seem to be appearing on my side, so I'm hoping maybe @Sorcha might know why?

In regards to your initial post, theoretically the word 'SIM' is incorrectly misspelt. However, the word 'SIMO' in the mobile industry stands for 'SIM Only' meaning a contract where the network provider only provides the SIM and the customer provides the device.

I do agree that in the marketing text they use the word 'SIMO' while also continuing to use 'only deal' but the use of 'SIMO' is normal use. But using 'SIMO only deal' does sound strange.

Ianh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

in that case you dont need the second 'only'. or if you need the word 'only' it means your inner circle term of SIMO means nothing to anyone outside major mobile phone operators. 

its either "SIMO deal", or "SIM Only Deal". "SIM Only Only" doesnt work. 

dont worry im well adept at EE trying to wriggle out of everything and anything, and please dont bother anyone else. its a picture, you've approved it, its broken...i think thats all we really need to know or do you have to make sure a convoluted made up answer has to be trotted out for performance figures on the wet board? 

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Inyourbox may have approved it but will only have limited powers being a community stat and not an employee.

You seem to be angry with EE.

Why? Anything we can do to help?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

Hi @Ianh 

Thanks for flagging this to us, we'll pass this on to the web team. The image is appearing OK for me so I can see what you are referring to. 

Thanks

Sorcha

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

This post has been locked and some replies removed during moderation by the EE Community Manager.