cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim delivery

RockP
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Have been with Orange since it was just a little pip! I went on to my emergency standby phone and found the pay as you go sim did not function. Rang the help line and they said that the sim had been wiped and the number had been allocated to someone else due to it not being used for some time. I explained I used the phone for emergencies only (I am 75 and disabled) and they said they would send me a new sim with a new number and they would re-instate the approx £20 credit on the new number. That was on the 13th of this month, I dont want to be unpatient so wondered how long I should wait before attempting to ring them again?

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @RockP

Welcome to the EE Community. 

SIM delivery should take approximately 3-5 days as this is delivered by post. 

Because you still have not received anything, I would recommend giving us a call

Please keep us updated on your progress. 

Take care, 

Katie.

Hi Katie

rang the helpline today and they said there was no trace of the sim request!

Explained again what was the situation and they have said they are going to send me another sim with a different number but it looks like I have lost the credit which was on the phone. Not fussed about the £20 credit as long as I have my emergency phone back on line. Many thanks for the advice

Regards

Robert

Hi Katie

Just to update you, two weeks on from my second confirmation of sim sent but nothing received! I will give it one more day then give up on EE and try another supplier. Shame as I was always a loyal customer for a great many years (but what can you do?)

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RockP

Thanks for keeping me updated. 

Are you aware if the SIM is being sent to the right address?

How are you processing this?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

mdc1983uk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@RockP  Loyalty doesn't mean anything to them on pay as you go.  It's their version of we have you as you pay.  The can send out 2xFree SIM cards in 4 days to most UK addresses.....  Getting your £20 back is pushing it to be honest.