cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Screen protectors - any advice?

TiffJ
Former EE Community Manager

My turn to ask for some advice from all you experts here on the Community.

Glass screen protector or one of the film ones? I've just taken a glass one off my iPhone as it got a little too cracked and was a little sharp. On the plus side at least it wasn't the actual screen! 

I've had those cases in the past with the front cover, but with a plus phone it all gets a bit big.

Recommendations please (and not just "be careful and don't chuck your phone in your handbag ones 😉 )

TIA!

Tiff 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TiffJ   I only use glass protectors as they don’t peel off after a short period of time.   I get mine from eBay and purchase ones that say 2 for 1 as you then get a spare.   I buy the cheapest ones I can find and they do there job well.  I too get chips so I’ll change them once when I’ve had enough of the chips.  

Profile closed
Not applicable

@TiffJ I'm still a huge fan and advocate of some sort of phone case. At home I take my phone out of its case. But away from home I always have it in a book type case. I don't need a separate screen protector this way. I don't want any part of my phone damaged. 

If I were to use a gel case then I'd have a film screen protector, too. 

P.S: I actually find that the film screen protector that comes with a phone can itself do a great job for ages. If I do put a SP on then I ensure that I fit it perfectly. I've seen people with brand new phones without cases and with very ill fitted SPs. I don't get that at all!

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I've given up with screen protectors now. I used to always buy a Zagg one and spend hours putting them on but all my phone recently I've not bothered with.

@TiffJ  I paid £10 on amazon for a great glass one that also comes with a plastic fitting frame so you get it perfect everytime.  I had one on for 2 whole years with not a mark on it. X

TiffJ
Former EE Community Manager

Thanks for your advice @Chris_B @Profile closed  @chistery  @Watkins07.  Still none the wiser but it just goes to show that everyone has their own personal favourites! 

I have so far succeeded with a glass protector so I may just buy a new one - or three - and just change it when it starts to get sharp 😉

Tiff 🙂 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

@TiffJ 

I was always crap at getting them perfect til I bought the one with the fitting frame.   It’s survived a few drops without a mark or chip.  Certainly not the most expensive at £10 but it’s worked well and isn’t wonky donkey lol

I have never used them. Most modern mobiles are designed to withstand a certain amount of punishment and adding a screen cover just seems to make the device look scruffy. But it depends on what you have in your bag @TiffJ !!

I do use skin cases as larger phones are a bit slippery, especially the larger glass backed ones like the Note 9 or Galaxy S10+

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.