cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Treatment by Sales and Complaints

pauljrowland
Investigator
Investigator

I am putting this on the community page as it’s time to start making other people realise how stupid you have been over the last week. This ironically is following a complaint I had closed earlier this week!!!

I tried to upgrade to the iPhone 11 Pro Max (via phone) on FRIDAY 13 Sept and the order failed 5 times - each time you got in touch and ‘re-did it’. It turns out sales mucked up the account details and mishmashed the upgrade date. 

Your complains team redid the order on Monday 16th and I was assured it would be with me today (20th). Of course that isn’t the case. Then in the chat this morning. a rude guy called ‘MS’ said the following:

“MS: i apologized for this hassle, as from the billing team, i can see that it will be delivered to you after 3 days .
MS: i would request you to please wait another days and you will definitely get it, ”.

That is tomorrow 21st. Still no tracking number from DPD so does that mean I’m getting my phone tomorrow or not???

You guys are useless man. You’ve waived the 100 quid early upgrade fee and reduced my next bill by 30 quid as compensation and you STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT.

I’d have thought after £130 you would have at least taken this onboard - but it seems I’m just a number. Nobody I talk to has a clue:
“MS: so we distribute today for people who ordered on the 13th, so its like first come first served”.

What a ridiculous answer from you guys. 

I was also getting shouted at,

Mohd:

Yeah its just a order number not a tracking number. SO you wont be able to track through this. You will get a tracking number on text”.

No text yet, thanks Mohd. 

Im not being impatient - if I’m told I have to wait until Monday/Tuesday, whatever, I will - however when I’m told something will arrive on a certain day - I expect it to unless there is a legitimate reason, not because ‘first come first served’ AFTER I was told today. I still don’t have a date for gods sake. Surely if it is first come first serve, how come a guy I work with ordered on Saturday and has his. Remember EE - I ordered on the Friday and you mucked up - not me, so why should I wait. 

If I find you’re in breach of the ‘anytime uograde’ terms - I’ll be looking at ending my contract. Anytime doesn’t mean your time. 
11 REPLIES 11
ancientferguson
Investigator
Investigator

I must say, I ordered my 11 Pro Max 256gb this afternoon, online, but don't expect to see it for a while, if at all. It shows, "within 1 day" but my previous experience suggests that the online upgrade isn't worth a toss and I always end up calling to chase it up.

I have ditched the EE Broadband this month because of amateur customer service and I am expecting another rodeo with the phone upgrade.

EE are either brilliant or a shambles.

Hi @ancientferguson @pauljrowland 

It's just a phone. Calm down. 

I'm sure you will receive your devices in good time.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

You misunderstand me, I am very calm. I have three iPhones, two business and one personal. I couldn't give a hoot about the phone. They bore me.

But customer service, I expect that to be as good as my own customer service.

But thanks for your Grandmaster input. 🙂

Clearly you don’t understand my reasoning.

I’m not complaining about how long it takes, I’m criticising the way it is being handled. Being messed around is more of an issue than having to wait for a piece of metal.

@ancientferguson 

From your rant in your first post to your second post, you need to think about how you came across to CS. You say you expect to be treated the same as you would treat customers but I wonder how you would treat someone who took the same approach you have taken with your business?Additionally you seem to have done very well receiving a considerable discount, yet that still isn't enough, you demand your shiny phone. 

@pauljrowland 

You have written off your experience on delivery before even giving EE a chance to deliver your phone. If you know from experience that a new top spec device might be delayed then why moan about it? You already know what to expect, it's not EE fault that demand outstrips supply from Apple. Why did you not upgrade with Carphone Warehouse.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Northerner,

First of all, my first post certainly wasn't a rant. I am very cool and relaxed about the phone. In fact, I will allow EE to be brilliant or a shambles. It's their choice.

With regard the discount comment...... what are you talking about?  I haven't had any discount. My EE commitment is around £300 per month, personal and business and yeah, I do expect to be treated as an adult. When it came to the broadband, I was spoken to by a bad mannered child and this is being followed up through the appropriate channels. The "channels' were quite shocked at the staff member's lack of human skills. I can only assume you got your 

@'s mixed around.

I am not here to explain myself to you, but please get your facts right, before calling me out. It isn't a great look when you mix up who you are talking to.

I don't have any problem with demand outstripping supply, but my point is with online upgrades. On my last upgrade and my wife's recent upgrade, we have had to ring CS and go through it all again, because the online upgrade system lost its way.

Here is your post before you edit it.

@ancientferguson 

From your rant in your first post to your second post, you need to think about how you came across to CS. You say you expect to be treated the same as you would treat customers but I wonder how you would treat someone who took the same approach you have taken with your business?Additionally you seem to have done very well receiving a considerable discount, yet that still isn't enough, you demand your shiny phone. 

@pauljrowland 

You have written off your experience on delivery before even giving EE a chance to deliver your phone. If you know from experience that a new top spec device might be delayed then why moan about it? You already know what to expect, it's not EE fault that demand outstrips supply from Apple. Why did you not upgrade with Carphone Warehouse.

I haven’t written off my delivery experience, I’ve written off customer service. 

Why should I have to use a 3rd party company such as Carphone Warehouse to order from EE; does that mean a 3rd party is more competent at selling contracts than the company actually providing them? 🤷‍♂️ 

Mark1612
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I’ve had the same very bad treatment from ee customer service told me a load of lies made notes on what they were “offering” me but didn’t actually authorise those things that were promised. EE used to be a good company until a bad few customer agents started bullying customers.  It seems to be the normal at EE now bully boy tactics. I’m can’t wait to leave and I’ve been with them since they were T-mobile. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Mark1612

I am sorry to hear this. 

When you spoke with our sales team regarding what was available, did you do this over the phone or in store?

Katie 🙂