cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Potential data breach

sim1_24
Investigator
Investigator

Wondering if a data breach has happened - received a weird phone call today regarding PPI and content of the conversation (Some of my personal details) would only be known by EE - this is worrying 

6 REPLIES 6
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

PPI calls have been happening for years.

No data breach has happened.

Your data is most likely out there in a lot more places than you think.

EE doesn't sell products that could have PPI attached so why would it come from EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This is a nationwide problem. Register & report it to the TPS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The reason I state data breach - the person had details that only EE have, personal details .... 

another thing is they called me on a phone that I am not the user of but the account holder and quoted my address details and name 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sim1_24,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can report unsolicited calls by texting CALL followed by the number that called to 7726.

If you have any reason to suspect there has been unauthorised access to your account, don't hesitate to get in touch with Customer Care.

Thanks

James

Many thanks James

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @sim1_24

James