cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

On my facebook profile someone has shared one of my photos they arent on my frie

Bluemind1972
Investigator
Investigator

Someone has shared a photo from my facebook profile they arent on my friends list and i have no idea who they are,how can this happen and is it a scam

7 REPLIES 7
Bluemind1972
Investigator
Investigator

Someone has shared a photo from my facebook profile they arent on my friends list and i have no idea who they are,how can this happen and is it a scam

Report it to FB. It's nowt to do with EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Bluemind1972   How have you got your Facebook profile setup in your account settings ?  Is it friends only or friends of friends or is it just open to everyone?  

Or has one of your friends shared this and now your just seeing it being shared by others ?  If that’s the case that’s social media for you.  Your putting yourself online for other to see.  

realtestman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If your photo's Audience Selector is set to "Friends of Friends" or "Public", then other people can see your pic.

Change it to "Friends".

@realtestman : See, yes, but Share?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
realtestman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You still need to restrict the audience of your photo, I think.  Change it to "Friends".

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

Hi @Bluemind1972 

Thanks for coming to the EE Community to get some advice, there are always lots of people here to help out. 

Social media can be a bit worrying sometimes, but there are lots of good tips here. I used to have all of my profile settings set to public but it meant that anyone could see anything that I posted and share posts/pictures.

It would be worth taking a look at your security and privacy settings and the settings that you use for your posts as has been mentioned earlier. 

Sorcha