cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mot law changed may2018,making it harder2pass,a gud thing?

Noddy1965
Investigator
Investigator

Mot law has changed  just2let u car owners know,came in2force in may 2018,making it harder2pass,a mot.like if you have reversing lights fitted2your car they must work otherwise it will fail,u can't tape over them or put reversing sensors on it even,dvla told me as I've got that2sort out b4 my mot runs out on march1st 2019.

3 REPLIES 3
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Noddy1965, I think that is a good thing. Other countries are strict and it is about time this country was stricter. Lights and brakes must be working correctly, as certain other things before you pass your MOT. I do not need to worry, as my car is a motability car, and is checked by the garage before MOT.

You should always make sure that all your lights work.  So many people drive without correct lighting, I have noticed, and the other day someone was driving without their lights on, so I flashed the person, who was going in the other direction. I believe he had only just started his journey, but it was getting dark and should have had the lights on, as not light enough to drive without.

I know, that in some countries, if you have rust, you will not pass the MOT either, for instance.

I agree with you I'm a diabetic with a3year driving licence, I think its God this country the UK has got its act2getha.my car has prob wiv reverse lights which I know about,I've got gud knowledge of many cars,wud never endanger anyone,have2get it sorted before March 1st as mot runs out.do understand,my car is taxed,insured&legal,obviously as the law changed may2018 I do know as I have already rung up dvla in early Jan 2019 as I only got the car on 5th.have been driving since1983 and i do care about others when i am driving,I'm nearly54.when i select reverse i always look about&check both mirrors,rear view too.i have been through hell of a lot,I have lost both my parents mar2017 and april2018.i have lost my folks but try2look on the brighter side of life,I love redcars,old music especially the carpenters,easy listening they call it.i call it music2chill2,old Beatles,trex,direstraits,70s 80s 90s and 60s too.

acepaul
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For making money yes, for hassle no, had few cars in where EML stuffed up

(often RGT cars) to find there is a problem that doesn’t effect emissions 

that is grief to fix hence why bulb stuffed up 

would be better failure dirty cars, as in food, toys and tools everywhere 

ones that stink, boo hazard

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY