cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mobile BB cancellation?? Where can i do it??

keithpowell59
Investigator
Investigator

I have a mobile Broadband device I added to my account that is due to expire in June.

I want to cancel it as I have an EE fixed broadband now, that I took out in feb, and was told I could cancel the mobile Broadband in May as i dont need both.

However I have waited on the phone, with no luck, and then arranged a call back, which didn't happen and cannot see where in my EE i can cancel my contract for the the mobile broadband.

Any one got any idea how i can arrange my mobile BB to be cancelled as I don't need to use it and it's costing me money.

Many thanks, 

Keith Powell

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@keithpowell59   The best way is to call customer services and give 30 days notice to terminate the contract.    You’ll have to be patient when calling due to the current situation as customer services are extremely busy. 

Hi there.

Yes i waited on the phone. It was announced there is an hour plus waiting time. It also said you can do most things online. 

An hour's is ridiculous. I waited 25 minutes. 

Must be another way. Shall I just cancel the direct debit and wait for a phone call?

Keith

@keithpowell59  if you cancel the DD you could will effect your credit score if EE go to take payment, and EE will not call you if you do and eventually that device  will get blocked and then eventually the unpaid bill will be passed to a debt collector where you’ll have more charges applied to the account.   Unfortunately because of the current situation and many customers calling because of struggling with their payments customer services are extremely busy.  you need to be patient when calling. 

Right. And can you just answer me one thing?
Are you a moderator? Only waiting for an hour on my mobile and waiting
while I'm working is a long time. I'm lucky I have a job and yes I can be
patient but I'm also under a bit of pressure too. And should be able to
cancel online. Not good seeing as I've had the question come through now as
how do you rate your experience????
What am i supposed to say. Im happy but can't cancel a service I no longer
need so I'll just pay you regardless?
There should be a notification of cancellation button not all "upgrade, add
device or do you have a problem connection to the internet"?

So being patient on the phone will have to do, but not happy and after 20
years of being with T-Mobile, ooops EE. I will wait.

Keith