cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How long should it take to receive a Free SIM card from EE

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

A week to 10 days ago, I worked with the most amazing Customer Service Associate from the Service Team in Ireland.  Her name is Maxine, and she was spectacular!

Maxine was going to send out a Free SIM for me to put in the unlocked phone I'm buying.

In light of the fact that this past weekend was a Bank Holiday Weekend, and taking into account the virus situation - How long should it take for me to receive the Free SIM?

I want to be reasonable about what to expect, but I'm also excited to get started.

Appreciate it if someone can tell me what to anticipate...

19 REPLIES 19
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CalamityJane

Great to hear that your SIM has arrived and activated. 🙂

Which international add-on are you looking for? 

When you're logged into your My EE account, you should have a drop down box in the top right corner (with your number in it), click on that and you'll be able to see information on any other numbers on your account.

What information are you looking for? Calls on a previous bill or unbilled information (usage so far this month).

Chris

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying to help me out.  I'm definitely a Learner on the ee Site and in the ee Community.

Looking for the International Add that can be done for free to a PAYG phone.  It allows the customer to call a number of different countries (in my case, USA is the primary interest) at much-improved rates (i.e. if paid a la carte to call USA, the rate/min would bankrupt me in no time). 

Was sure the service representative on the Ireland Team who helped me last week called it International Add On for PAYG, but there's probably another name for it that I don't know.  Does this help?

When I go under My EE - I still only see information about my original PAYG phone (it's my hubby's phone).  I was told that when the new (my) PAYG phone was activated (it is now) - that the 'original' phone and the 'new' phone would be linked, so that when I want to review the information about usage, over usage, In plan/Out of Plan, etc. etc. - I would be able to go to one spot on the website and see both phones.  I only see one (original).

Thanks for all your help Chris.

Christopher_G

Is it this call abroad add-on, @CalamityJane? If so, just text CALL ABROAD to 150.

I don't completely understand. The usage shown will be for the phone number shown, regardless of which phone they were used with.

Are you looking for information on two phone numbers, one your husband's and the other your new SIM?

Is that right? Sorry if I've misunderstood. 🙂

Chris

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Chris,

It's CalamityJane.  Looks like you understand what I need.  It is  Call Abroad, and I will use your instructions to add to my new phone.

Yes - There are now two (2) phones with (2) different numbers.  My understanding was that those numbers would be "linked" -and- when I went to My EE, information would show for both numbers.

Did I misunderstand?  I just checked My EE again, and it still shows only information for my husband's phone.  Do I need to have two Log Ins - One for each phone?  That seems redundant, but if that gets me info on both phones, I'll happily do it.

A "CalamityJane Add On" - I'm signed in with Password.  I jump over to ee Community to look at replies.  Every time I then do a Reply - it immediately asks be to re-enter my credentials.   Why is that necessary?  I'm literally typing in same credentials two or more times within one minute of each other.

1. International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .
  2. Is the original phone no. on a contract? If so, you can't mix a PAYG no. with it under the same MyEE a/c. You will need to register a separate MyEE with another email addy for the PAYG no.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello to Everyone Who Kindly Helped Me,

Just wanted to let everyone know that with your help, my phone is now set up to work exactly the way I'd like it to work.  After I worked w/David (Ireland Svc Team) yesterday, the last of my concerns was tackled.

And, I'm happy to say that today, I should be able to talk to my family in the USA for the First Time since I became stranded here by the virus late Feb/early March.

Thank you to Maxine (Ireland Svc Team), Katie (ee Community Support), Chris (ee Community Support, XRaySpeX (Grand Master), and David (Ireland Service Team).

Couldn't have done it without you - Thank you again

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T

Brilliant news @CalamityJane

Very happy to hear this 🙂

Hope you had a lovely chat with your family in the USA.

Take care.

Leanne.

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks so much for the well wishes Leanne.  Emailed to organize a convenient time to talk but haven't talked with them just yet.  If I called them now (~midnight for them), it might be the last time they speak to me : )

CalamityJane

Leanne_T

Hi @CalamityJane

No problem at all 🙂

Leanne.