cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Holiday destinations

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

Who needs a holiday? 

I know I do! I'm off for a couple of weeks from Monday. I'll be getting away to the Isle of Arran for a while which is my favourite place to go on a short break. 

Where is your favourite place to go? Do you have any holiday plans this year? 

Let's see your favourite holiday places!

12 REPLIES 12
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Favourite place is Canada of course being Canadian.

But this year we are planning on a short break before my wife starts her teacher training in September.

We dont know where yet well probably walk into a travel agents and pick a random cheap holiday.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sunny Beach Bulgaria 

Watkins07
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Sorcha  Oohhh sounds lovely. 

My best holidays have have all been in America.  I love Florida, Vegas , San Francisco snd LA.  We’ve booked for glorida again but for next year as so much is opening this year. 

I also love Iceland . Very cheap to book and go to, just expensive whilst there. But some beautiful scenery and food is amazing . 

I really want want to visit Vietnam but think I’ll wait another 5 years til kids can be left at home ha ha 

@BrendonH   I love Canada , I got married there in 2003.  Such a beautiful place and everyone is so friendly x

Sorcha

I'd love to go to Canada @BrendonH, its wildness really appeals to me. I have some family over there too that I've never visited. 

@Watkins07 I keep getting invited to visit a friend in Florida but I fear that I'd probably melt in the heat. I'm bad enough when it gets to about 20 here 😂

@David is it a beautiful as people say? I've seen some amazing photographs.

@Sorcha  Go in feb or March. Weather is good but not too hot and lower humidity. X

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Sorcha well this will be my fifth time going to Bulgaria I know people that have been going there for years and they say they wouldnt go anywhere else Sunny beach is half hour from the border with Turkey so you can go there for two nights if you wish.

TiffJ

I've not been to many of the destinations mentioned - must get out more! 

I agree with @Watkins07 re Florida - but don't go during the famous American Spring Break - it's manic! If you like it coolish for temperature I recommend early December. 

@David What's the food like in Bulgaria? One of my main rationales for picking any holiday destination is based around food quality! 

The TiffJ gang are off to the Greek Islands this summer - not as much island hopping as my teenagers would have liked, but I can't be faffed with backpacking around and lots of ferry journeys. So just Corfu and Paxos, and staying at AirBnBs. Let's hope they're as good as they look! We're also planning on a daytrip to Albania while we're there (thus adding in an additional ferry trip) as the Greco-Roman ruins there are supposed to be spectacular. 

What's your ideal holiday? Fly and flop, sporty, sailing, cultural tours..? 

Tiff

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@TiffJ the food in Sunny beach is nice I have stayed in 4 different hotels and they have been fine and as they use their own currency Bulgarian Lev it's really cheap to eat out.