cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Food Glorious Food!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi Everyone.

I’m not going to, lie I adore looking at food pictures and reading peoples recipe's and trying to recreate these at home.

I’ve just got a slow cooker (yes, I am way behind the times) but I love it and I’m starting to try new things knowing I can get home and it will be ready to go. Simple, quick and tastes amazing.

I will share some pictures, as I usually eat everything before I get to take a picture.

So, I am wondering what are your favourite things to make at home or eat when out and about?

I would love to see your pictures and read your recipes!

You may be trying to cook healthier and would like to share your experience?

Let’s get cooking 😉

51 REPLIES 51

I tried my hand at my first Victoria sponge cake a few days ago before I trapped a nerve in my neck and shoulder.  Apparently it was delicious but I missed out on a taste as I was doped up on pain killers and had no appetite. Silver lining is I saved a few calories by having none lol 

😰 my pics won’t load again .  The internet doesn’t like me lol 🤣

Leanne_T

Hi Everyone.

Now the Christmas season is approaching and fast..... 🎄

I would love to see what food you are eating or what you are making for Christmas lunch?

Maybe you have an amazing recipe you would love to share with us (I am all for trying new food) promise we will keep it a secret 😉

What is your favourite food this time of year?

I can't wait for some Mulled Wine and Hot Choc at a Christmas market.

Feel free to share away..😁

Leanne.

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

Well... I have been trying my hand at Pavlova.. 

Recipe (I think it is based on a Mary Berry recipe) 

Pre-heat oven to 160 

4 egg whites

8oz caster sugar

2 tsps. white wine vinegar

greaseproof paper

lots of patience

Whisk the egg whites (forever) until they form stiff peaks or until you can't whisk any more, then whisk in the caster sugar tablespoon by tablespoon (Not going to lie, that's what you're meant to do, but I dumped it in in two halves). Make sure that each time you add the sugar it is really thoroughly whisked. Once all the sugar is mixed in, whisk in the white wine vinegar. 

In case I didn't mention whisking.. WHISK until it can form a stiff peak again. I made my first one stupidly with a hand whisk and was nearly in tears. Let's just say, I now have an electric one!

Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spoon in the mixture to look the way you would like it to look (thicker round the edges to hold in the cream when cooked) bear in mind it will expand a bit. 

Drop the temp to 150 as soon as you put it in and leave for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cool in the oven. 

Shove as much whipped cream and fruit onto it as you can get away with and chill in the fridge for another half an hour before you serve it up. Perfect for a festive desert, or any day desert for that matter. 

20191113_161429.jpg

Didn’t make it, but I didn’t leave a crumb either. I enjoyed a 7 course taster menu that had a mad hatter theme. It was lush lol

0998352B-AB38-4646-ADD8-5BE018BB3C45.jpeg

Queen of hearts dessert

B7825740-24C2-47F3-B800-962BBE933870.jpeg

CBAEE276-1688-444A-810A-61CC778B556F.jpeg

E8E3B25B-F98F-4C5F-8768-EDF5D5905D8E.jpeg

Mickarchie
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Moving sideways slightly  with cooking but does anybody have a favourite TV cook. I'm not really into superchef or whatever it's called but do like Raymond Blanc, could watch him all day.

James_B

I love a bit of classic Keith Floyd @Mickarchie

James

Mickarchie
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Been around longer than Raymond

Mickarchie
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Also James Martin Saturday morning is entertaining as he has guests on there that like to chat as well.

Leanne_T

I am a big fan of James Martin @Mickarchie 

I am just getting into cook books and trying new meals 🙂

If you have any recipes let me know? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.