Highlighted
by
Explorer

Data gifting

I'm currently on an unlimited data plan, i've had a text saying my Giftable data is running low? I've not gifted any, does this get used whilst hotspotting? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Data gifting

@Shaun1979  on EEs unlimited data plan you can only gift the first 100 gig of your unlimited allowance so if you’ve used up let’s say 80 gig of that 100 gig EE will inform you that you’ve used 80% of your giftable data,  you still got an unlimited allowance but you’re no longer be able to gift data after you’ve used the remaining 20% or 20 gig of your giftable allowance which is the 100 gig.   Using data to hotspot is still using giftable data from the first 100 gig so if you’ve used your data in this way is doesn’t matter as you can use your data how you please.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Data gifting

@Shaun1979  on EEs unlimited data plan you can only gift the first 100 gig of your unlimited allowance so if you’ve used up let’s say 80 gig of that 100 gig EE will inform you that you’ve used 80% of your giftable data,  you still got an unlimited allowance but you’re no longer be able to gift data after you’ve used the remaining 20% or 20 gig of your giftable allowance which is the 100 gig.   Using data to hotspot is still using giftable data from the first 100 gig so if you’ve used your data in this way is doesn’t matter as you can use your data how you please.   

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Re: Data gifting

Hi, Thanks for the reply, so after the first 100gig is gone could i still hotspot but not gift it to another device? also does it use the giftable data if i download say a movie etc?

 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data gifting

@Shaun1979   Yes you can still hotspot and any data used in the first 100 gig is data used that could of been gifted.  

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Re: Data gifting

Thank you.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data gifting

@Shaun1979   no problem and you’re most welcome.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions