cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cleaning Sim Card?

imMiles
Explorer

Hi, I am wondering what i can use to clean my sim card, can I use Lens Wipes? The Lens wipes contain Water, alcohol and parfum is it safe to put on a sim card?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have already done it, then leave the sim card out of your phone for a while and only put it back in when you can see it is fully dry.

After then put it back in your phone and see if you can get service. If you can get service then all should be ok.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I would not recommend it.

If the sim card has become dirty, then I would recommend a soft cloth to clean it with that does not shed fluff (a microfibre cloth would be ideal).

well i may of already done it... will my sim card be ok? I did it cause the microfiber cloth i used didnt really do anything

If you have already done it, then leave the sim card out of your phone for a while and only put it back in when you can see it is fully dry.

After then put it back in your phone and see if you can get service. If you can get service then all should be ok.