cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Beware the bare faced liars at EE bath.

Mattrare1
Explorer

Took my phone in to the bath Southgate store on Saturday 12th January to be sent away for repair. By Thursday 17th I noted that my phone hadn't yet left the store to be be on its way to the repair  centre. I therefore took a short journey into bath to enquire as to why.i was told that they hadn't been able to send it away up until that day as they had been waiting for the blue protective security bags in order to do so. I was assured that they had in fact recieved said bag that morning as part of the DPD delivery and my phone had then gone out again with the DPD courier that morning. LIES!! Unbeknown to the cocky store assistant the DPD courier that services that store is my brother in law who was completely surprised that they had said that as he hadnt carried out any collections or deliveries to that store all week up to that point. AS I sit here now a full 7days since I dropped my phone off it STILL hasn't left the store and not once has anybody tried to contact me to explain why, update me or even tell me the truth when directly asked. 

4 REPLIES 4
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Mattrare1

Welcome to the EE Community.

What phone is it ?

If it's Samsung or Apple I would recommend going to them directly.

Hello.

Huawei mate 20 pro.
Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, I've always found phone stores in general very unwilling and very unhelpful unless I was buying something. They ought to be the front for their organisation but all they seem interested in is sales. They don't seem to be set up to offer after sales help. This seems to be the same for all phone shops - be they EE or not. But I've always found EE most helpful via phone support on 150. To avoid any frustration, I go to the 150 phone service for help. I think that phone shops might as well have a big sign on them saying, "We do sales here, not after care. Don't bother us with your phone issues". 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Mattrare1.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience in one of our stores.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Jon