cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Best Laptop

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

I have decided to go to Uni, (well Open University),

Problem I have at home is when I am on my computer my cat likes to sit on my keyboard 95% of the time.

So I am looking to get a lightweight good battery size laptop so I can go to the local coffee house and do most my work there.

Any good suggestions from you lot? Oh and ideally I would like one with a number pad on the right hand side.

Yes @Chris_B if it turns out to be the best option I may consider a MacBook.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  There are many decent laptops available not just MacBooks. Yes I did say that😁.  

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Laptops aren't always safe from pets either, @BrendonH.

- Photo from yesterday...

laptop.jpg

Cute dog.

My plan is to sit in Starbucks or somewhere really. No pets allowed in there lol.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

That sounds like it's the only way to get some work done @BrendonH!

@BrendonH 

Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 15.6" Looks decent and under £400. Ao have some good deals. This has a number pad also . 

@Watkins07  that is a good little laptop. I do have an Acer notebook now but the battery is shot and it is quite old so need the upgrade.

Business laptops on auction sites. Generally light, well built with good battery life, and often mega mega cheap for the specification. I recently bought one with a moderately high end i7, 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD for £120 and the battery lasts about 5 hours!