cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

5G Community Badges Are Here!

Alex_S
EE Employee

Today is the first day of 5G service EE in 6 UK cities with more to come!

To celebrate on the community, we have 5G badges to give away.

When you log in today, you will automatically be given your 5G badge.

5G community launch Badge.png

When you have great conversations about our new 5G network, you can be awarded a 5G Fan Badge.

5G community Badge.png

To find out what badges you have already earned, click on your profile picture from the home screen, then under badges, you will see more.

Come and let us know what you have earned or what you are aiming for!

Alex 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Alex_S earned both 😊

I will have to wait until Apple bring out phones with 5G, and hopefully by then it will be in my area, am looking forward to this, bring it on!

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I'm just waiting for some reviews from real people about the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G in London then I might upgrade. 

I didnt know Worcester was part of the roll out or I wouldve waited and got the 5G S10.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I’m gutted I can’t try it out on my Xs max, as I’m in one of the launch areas for it. Hurry up Apple, get a 5g phone out lol 

What would you like to know?

Running one of mine (when in london) and its impressive, not so much in Cardiff, where the mast equipment and testing, even though "launched" is a bit hit and miss!

The best thing about 5G NR is not actually the download speed, its the actual connection static to and from the mast with a massive increase in stability, ping and crc error corrections to the radio in the device!

Going to be interesting to see how EE 5G stakes up against the Three launch, as they have started from the ground up and will be just upgrading their "AYCE" unlimited 3G+ superfast (fake 4G!) to 5G speeds, for all PM users for free to 5G that is real and built out from scratch! If you are in an area that is updated!

EE will cover far more 5G areas, than most of the other 3 put together, but that is because of the massive loss of fixed broadband customers, who are fed up paying £50+

Average speeds, so far on 5G EE are over 6 times what I get from the same cell tower (different mast) on 4G EE 😉

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for all of this information @networks 🙂

It's great to hear you're getting the most out of the 5G in London!

Jon

Jackwibb86
Visitor

Very helpful