by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

Payg data sim different internet settings to pay monthly

Afternoon 

for xmas , my wife treated me to a b525 huawei 4 g unlocked router . ( I live in the sticks so my internet sucks ) 

i ordered an ee data sim and a three data sim ( both payg preloaded with 2 gb data ) . The three sim came first so I booted that up I was online within 10 minutes. Now I’m running a lan cable from the router into my PS4 . Connection wasn’t fantastic but functional. Next day my ee sim came , same thing I was up and running pretty quick . The connection was brilliant. My PS4 was working a treat , had speeds I couldn’t imagine. Due to this I thought I would upgrade my ee payg sim to pay monthly and then gift data across from phone account. Virtually the minute I did this my PS4 internet connection was gone , it was still finding the IP address but failed on Nat type . 

Is there a work round for this ? I had ee live chat but couldn’t help 

cheers 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Payg data sim different internet settings to pay monthly

Try changing the APN Protocol in your APN to IPv4 Only.

You may only gift data to a 12 month SIM only plan (not 30 day plans).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

Payg data sim different internet settings to pay monthly

Afternoon 

for xmas , my wife treated me to a b525 huawei 4 g unlocked router . ( I live in the sticks so my internet sucks ) 

i ordered an ee data sim and a three data sim ( both payg preloaded with 2 gb data ) . The three sim came first so I booted that up I was online within 10 minutes. Now I’m running a lan cable from the router into my PS4 . Connection wasn’t fantastic but functional. Next day my ee sim came , same thing I was up and running pretty quick . The connection was brilliant. My PS4 was working a treat , had speeds I couldn’t imagine. Due to this I thought I would upgrade my ee payg sim to pay monthly and then gift data across from phone account. Virtually the minute I did this my PS4 internet connection was gone , it was still finding the IP address but failed on Nat type . 

Is there a work round for this ? I had ee live chat but couldn’t help 

cheers 

by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks ray ,

once I switched to pay monthly I could gift my data . Where can I try changing those apn settings in the b525 settings. I tried google for that and all I could find was a fella in South Africa. 

Sorry about the double post as well ! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, don't know that router. You have it in front of you. Browse its menus looking for something like "APN" or "Profile".

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

In profile management ?

so it says 

username : eesecure

pasword : 

Apn : everywhere 

I need to change the everywhere bit ?

sorry for being dumb . 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, that's EE's correct APN but if it has no IPv? Protocol you can't do what I suggested.

You could compare it with what you get with an EE PAYG SIM but I imagine it will be the same.

by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

There’s no option for the IPv . 

Think I will just swap back to payg . Thanks for the help though . 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Arthur45

I recommend speaking to our Tech Care team.

They'll do their best to help you get connected fully.

Chris

by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

Hi christopher

i spoke to a tech guy Saturday night . He was unable to help me unfortunately. Though sympathetic to my problems. He said there are slight differences in the payg to the pay monthly data sim . ( it was the exact same SIM card ) he said they don’t guarantee a connection for gaming consoles . I was gutted to hear  this as I have a ee max phone contract that has 100 gb per month and managed to get a deal on the pay monthly sim with 20 % off . My plan was to gift some data each month to the pay monthly sim . 

I thought I must have messed my router up but put the three data sim in and it worked ( although signal not as good ! ) . 

I’ve  spent ages trying to suss it out but with my limited ability I’m no further forward. 

Thanks though 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Arthur45

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Arthur45 Contributor
Contributor

Afternoon eveo

thanks for the efforts of help . After speaking to tech guys it’s all to do with the higher security on a pay monthly deal . Another issue is the ipv4 & ipv6 compatibles with the psn networks . I’m not sure what way round , at least I know now and this may help someone else with this issue. 

Btw I’ve gone back on to the payg data sim and this connect with no problems. 

The tech guy said I could probably have issues even using an ee router. 

Hope my problems help others in some way . 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.