by willallen97 Investigator
Investigator

Hotspotting for PC Games

Is using my hotspot from my pixel 3 for PC games blocked on EE? Ive used it in the past with my iPhone?? I can't connect to any servers for all online games I own.

8 REPLIES 8
by Legend
Legend

Re: Hotspotting for PC Games

Hi @willallen97

Make sure content lock is set to off via your online account. Also make sure you have paired the devices with the correct password.

It may also be that EE are using IPv6. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

@Northerner

Content lock is off and I can still use it for everyday web use via hotspot.

I have my settings for automatic IP assigning on the computer.

Will

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @willallen97,

Welcome back to the community.

Have you tried contacting the game's developer to see if they are aware of any compatibility issues when using a mobile connection?

Thanks

James

Investigator

@James_B

• It fails on all of my multiplayer games and both computers I own when I start matchmaking
  • It worked previously on my old contract with my iphone..?

Will

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You may be up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

Anyway to fix this? It used to work before on my iPhone? Changing my IP settings on PC or like a VPN?

Will

Investigator

Update: I switched my sim from my pixel 3 to my old iPhone. It worked fine through that...thoughts?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just a guess but try switching between IPv6 & IPv4 in your phone's APN if you can.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.