Highlighted
by
Valued Contributor

Hi EE having problems connecting to dead zone app using 4g

Dead zone only works on wifi but not using my 4g network please what going and could help me thanks

52 REPLIES
by
Community Hero

Re: Hi EE having problems connecting to dead zone app using 4g

It might be because content lock is enabled on your 4G connection (the adult 18+ filter EE operate).

See this page for more details and how to disable it.

by
Grand Master

This is probably caused by the EE 4G mobile network employing IPv6.

Can you set your device to use IPv4 instead of IPv6? Alternatively it might also work by setting it to 3G instead of 4G.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Grand Master

by
Valued Contributor

Nope i haven't even active that at all but I  try that solution thanks

by
Valued Contributor

It works all the others game are similar to this so won't be 4g problem just this dead zone app

by
Grand Master

by
Grand Master

All games have varied networking requirements. Some could well like IPv6, while others, probably older, won't work with it. It worth checking your phone settings for IPv6 and 4G and experimenting with them.

What device is it anyway? If you can't find such settings I'm sure others will be able to point you to them.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Valued Contributor

it's a iphone 6 64gb and i'm in the uk

by
Grand Master

IPv6 was an issue with an PlayStation game in Since upgrading I get restricted connection from my hotspot, need advanced help which switching to IPv4 cured.

Sorry, I don't know the details of your phone but I believe it's to be found in the APN settings. Perhaps the path on a different phone in that thread may provide some clue.

by
EE Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the Community @Jamesshj99

Please do check if data is activated for this app, as I have performed a test with data off and I get the below error:

Hope this helps,

Lee

by
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah I went settings and yes the 4g data is on and do the same thing as your picture saying Smiley Sad @Lee_H

by
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Lee_H

I checked setting of dead zone in my iPhone 6 64gb and mobile data shows it is active 4g in the settings for dead zone. It's same error comes up as your picture Smiley Sad 

by

Hi @Jameshj99

I have just tried with a colleagues device and he also gets the same error message and the loading reaches 60%.

I would recommend contacting the developer to see if the app is compatible with IPv6.

As @XRaySpeX has mentioned this could be the reason of the fault.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Valued Contributor

Hi @Lee_H

apperantly they said to me that should work though and but I did tested and clearly doesn't and it does go up 60% download and then give me error saying lost connection.

by

Hi @Jameshj99

I would recommend speaking to the developer again and mentioning that it does not seem to be compatible with an IPv6 connection.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Grand Master

Lee_H wrote:

I have performed a test with data off and I get the below error:

@Lee_H: And what happens when you test with mobile data ON? Does the game play?

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @XRaySpeX

I am able to play due to my connection being IPv4.

(Thought I mentioned that in my image post, but had not Smiley Sad  )

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

@Lee_H wrote:

I am able to play due to my connection being IPv4.

A v. telling statement Smiley Happy. OP needs to get his device on IPv4.

What about your colleague? Is he on IPv6 & it even fails with data ON?

If so, what more proof do y'all need that the issue is IPv6 as I predicted in my 1st post?

No point in talking to developer. You can easily eliminate the cause yourselves by testing with & w/out IPv6.

by

Hi @XRaySpeX 

It fails with data on and is IPv6

Unfortunately, there is no way of changing APN settings on EE with an iPhone.

Anyone able to assist @Jmitchell @Chris_B

Cheers

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions