by Lightmuncher Contributor
Contributor

Connecting my Xbox to EE mobile broadband

I have to connect my Xbox360 to the EE MYWIFI 4G.  I tried all the problem solvers on the help system and sadly nothing worked.  I have NO other way to connect here to the internet as its an area with problems.  So this is the only way I can access the internet.  I asked the help line, but it wasn't helpful.  Hope there is someone out there that has resolved the problem?  The set up sees the MYFI unit and I put the password in.  It still doesn't accept the link.  Tried it several times.  Has anyone had success?  If so what did you do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Connecting my Xbox to EE mobile broadband

Hi @Lightmuncher,

Thanks for confirming.

The problem must lie with the Xbox settings.

Can you try this...

1. Press the Guide Button on your controller, go to Settings.

2. Select System Settings then Network Settings.

3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network when displayed.

4. Select Configure Network then Additional Settings tab.

5. Select Restore to Factory Defaults then confirm when prompted.

Please let me know if that helps.

James

18 REPLIES 18
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Lightmuncher is this the 4GEE WiFi or WiFi mini device (Osprey) or the 4GEE Home router (Huawei)? Are you selecting the matching password type (WPA/WPA2) when setting up? 🙂

Contributor

Its the EE 4GEE WiFi.  Well that is what it says on my contract details online.  And yes, when Xbox asks for the password I enter it in for WPA/WPA2.  Done all that several times Smiley Frustrated.  Have you any idea how to resolve this? I was told that the unit did not support the Xbox.  Which seems strange as its just a gateway to the internet, as is the Xbox.  But that is my simple brain thinking.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Lightmuncher do other devices connect to it OK? You can access the routers settings by using this link:

http://192.168.1.1

Then logging in using default admin/admin as username & password if you have not changed them. Try changing your WiFi password or resetting the router if that does not work. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lightmuncher and welcome to the Community.

So I can try and assist are you having any other issues connecting any other devices?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Thank you, I had forgotten to access this part of the router.  Wil look and assess later

Thank you. Will let you know

Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I have a problem with a USB/ethernet cable I connected.  I have a heating oil system I bought and it won't work either.  Now at a guess I am thinking if I get the Xbox resolved this part will be too.

Contributor

Can I ask if there is a manual way I can input into the Xbox with IP address and MAC address?  I am not confident to do this, so I would need instructions.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lightmuncher wrote:

I have a problem with a USB/ethernet cable I connected.

What USB/Ethernet cable? The 4GEE WiFi has no Ethernet connections, only USB for charging it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
Contributor

GGRRRRRR.  The tech departmentr in EE is totally useless!  I have asked their advance on a few things and it seems like I have been talking to a second rate company!  Their knowledge quite frankly is totally crap!  Thank you for the info.  I bought a piece of USB/ethernet cable on their say so!  Grrr.  I had an issue a month ago and was past to the tech dept and quite frankly they had no idea how their own unit worked! 

Back to the drawing board for the Olive sensor.  But nothing yet for the Xbox, which I use as a diversion for my chronic pain.  It lessons my morphine intake if I am diverted.

by

Hi @Lightmuncher,

What happens when you try to connect your Xbox to your WiFi device?

Does it accept the password?

Do you see a particular error message?

Have you been able to connect successfully in the past?

As @XRaySpeX said, the USB port is for charging only, you will only be able to connect your Xbox via WiFi.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Hi, when inputting the password in it then checks the link.  And each time it states the connection has failed.  I have done this process two ways, 1 - select network and password and 2 - initial setup. It shows suggestions on how to fix it, but that is where I get lost inputting mac and other numerical addresses.

Thank you

by

Hi @Lightmuncher,

Have you tried contacting Xbox support?

They will be able to help you with this connection issue.

Thanks

James

Contributor

MS support they said that the EE company should know the way to resolve this.  Its their unit and know it better than they would. If I wasn't so frustrated I would be rolling around on the floor.  I have put this question on another forum which is https://www.avforums.com/

They have hepled me out on many occassion.  Sadly no answer as yet to my question.Thanks for your time

by

Hi @Lightmuncher,

Can you connect other devices to your EE WiFi successfully?

Thanks

James

Contributor

My tablet is fine as is my main computer and wifes laptop.  So that i s one Andriod OS, one Windows 10 and two Linux Mints.  So as you can see I have covered the spectrum almost with exception to Mac.  Its strange that this XBOX doesn't. 

by
Solution

Hi @Lightmuncher,

Thanks for confirming.

The problem must lie with the Xbox settings.

Can you try this...

1. Press the Guide Button on your controller, go to Settings.

2. Select System Settings then Network Settings.

3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network when displayed.

4. Select Configure Network then Additional Settings tab.

5. Select Restore to Factory Defaults then confirm when prompted.

Please let me know if that helps.

James

Contributor

Well good news!  But it does state this - You can connect to Xbox live, but your current network config may limit your ability to join a multiplayer game of hear (or be heard by) other people in your party.  Etc.  Well that doesn't bother myself as its a distraction on pain and not used for multigaming.  THANK YOU.  I did one thing before your config back to factory settings and that is to reformat the hard drive and then back to Fact settings.  NOw others can follow the same path if they have problems.

by
EE Employee

Glad your sorted @Lightmuncher.

I know @James_B will be pleased.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.