by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Blocked ports and cloud gaming

All

Any ideas on what ports are blocked on EE.

I'm trying to use LiquidSky and just get a blackscreen however if i VPN it works.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Blocked ports and cloud gaming

@Bellyman   Silly question but why would EE block a gaming website.    Perhaps they need to update their servers to IPv6 so it except the connection. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You may have misunderstood cloud gaming with btowsing to a gaming website

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bellyman: On which EE network? Home Broadband or the mobile network? Are you going thro' a router?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi

This is on an Android device over 4G.

So i have no issues via an ISP connection but a blackscreen with EE.  I'm 99% sure its a port issue and would like more info on that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE block no ports on their mobile network.

However, EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net. This is unlike fixed BB. This will cause problems if you are hosting a gaming server & other gamers are making unsolicited attempts to access your server from outside on the Net.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks. Whilst not the same circumstance CGNAT could be the cause.

Looks like i'll be using a VPN.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

What are the circumstances exactly?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Liquidsky is a cloud gaming services and it looks like a many more are coming even Google and Xbox.

You rent time on a high spec cloud gaming PC so you can play PC games on almost any device.  So i've been playing Fortnite on my S8 but the wifi in work is trash so thought 4G would be better... turns out i couldn't even start to try.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I post i added to the liquidsky forum was updated with 

"Some mobile carriers have issues with this service- to my recollection those who had issues switched carriers and were able to use this service afterwards. I don’t recall that there were specific ports or anything for this service."

So it can work but depends on something... 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.