Highlighted
by rjw273
Explorer

Switching from EE contract to EE flex plan. Can i keep same number?

I have a 24 month EE contract coming to an end in about 5 weeks. I have decided to keep the same phone so am going to switch to an EE flex plan for now and maybe look at upgrading in the future.

What i want to know is once i cancel my contract and set up my new flex sim, can i keep my existing number? I thought i would be able to find a simple answer online but all reponses seem to talk about switching from one operator to another using a PAC code. Others have said i would need to switch to another operator then switch back to EE which seems ridiculous.

So can i keep the same number switching from contract to flex sim and if yes, how do i do it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Switching from EE contract to EE flex plan. Can i keep same number?

Yes you can do that as you are just moving from pay monthly to PAYG (which is what Flex is).

No PAC or and other transfer is required.

You need to ring EE and speak to cancellations and tell them what it is you want to do and they will update you account.

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Yes you can do that as you are just moving from pay monthly to PAYG (which is what Flex is).

No PAC or and other transfer is required.

You need to ring EE and speak to cancellations and tell them what it is you want to do and they will update you account.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rjw273

@Profile closed is absolutely right. Our Mobile Care team will be able to set that in motion for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by gpevans70 Investigator
Investigator

I have not had a good experience with this.

I am in month 25 of a 24 month contract, so I wanted to switch to FLEX as I may need to use more data in future. I definitely want to keep my number.

I rang 150 and went through to cancellations (as advised in another community post). I was told that my contract would  be put on 30 days notice and my SIM and number will then switch to PAYG. Then and only then can I ring the PAYG team to sort out which PAYG plan I want to go onto. I was a bit alarmed about this - I will be put onto PAYG (with presumably no credit) and then and only then can I sort it out. I asked if I would get any notification about the change and the answer was "30 days" - in other words on exactly the 18th July my SIM will be PAYG and I have to put an entry in my diary (or presumably notice that my phone is not working) to ring EE and sort it out.

This morning I was quite sure that I wanted to stay on EE. Right now I feel like asking for a PAC code and looking for another network - unless someone can reassure me that this is not how it's supposed to be.

by

Hi @gpevans70,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We'll send you a text message once your switch to pay as you go is completed.

You can then call our Customer Care Team who'll help you set up your Flex plan.

Thanks

James

by gpevans70 Investigator
Investigator

Okay so I get a text message, on a day I didn't select, at a time I have no control over, in about four weeks time. If it's the date I've been told, I will be on a very busy day away from home in central London. Please confirm or set me right on the following:

* When it happens I'll be on PAYG with no credit.

* If I'm away from wifi my phone will be essentially useless (except for receiving communications which I won't be able to respond to) until I can make a call to 150.

Please tell me:

* Which options should I choose on 150 to get through to the right person first time?

* Once I've spoken to 150 how long will it take for the FLEX plan to be activated? 

* Will PAYG be able to use the payment details (direct debit) already on my EE account?

by

Hi @gpevans70,

When you arranged to switch to a Flex plan, were you asked to make a top up payment?

You won't be able to top up using your current direct debit details. To find out how you can top up, please see How can I top up my phone?

When you call to choose a plan they'll be able to activate it straight away for you.

Hope this helps.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.