by hgoncalvesit Investigator
Investigator

Santander top up debt card

Hello,

I've been living in the UK for ~ 1 year and I own a Basic Banking account on Santander. This means I've got an Account Card and a Top-up debt card, no standard debt card as one of the requirements for it are a 3-year minimum residency on the UK.

I've recently got an EE phone sim card which I want to switch to, I'm currently with Vodafone. Although, it seems like my Santander Top-up card is not accepted when trying to join a EE Flex plan or even a normal top-up for that matter...

Am I out of options here? 

Kind regards,

Helder

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: Santander top up debt card

Hi @hgoncalvesit

The legal but for this product states: 

2. Paying for your Flex plan

When you buy a Flex plan, you must pay for it directly using your credit or debit card.  You will need to sign up to our Card Payment service to buy a Flex plan, see ee.co.uk/cardhelp for details. 

The account you have with Santander is basis banking with essentially a gift card debit card you can load up and spend, but unlike a debit or credit card each transaction needs to be authorised at point of sale. This isn't a debit or credit card. 

Your options are PAYG or upgrade your account.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@hgoncalvesit: What response do you get when you submit your Santander debit card details to the EE Flex plan?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

2019-01-13-185007_1366x768_scrot.png

Hello, @XRaySpeX, thanks for your reply. The screenshot above is the response. I've tried a couple times already.

Kind regards

by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi @hgoncalvesit

The legal but for this product states: 

2. Paying for your Flex plan

When you buy a Flex plan, you must pay for it directly using your credit or debit card.  You will need to sign up to our Card Payment service to buy a Flex plan, see ee.co.uk/cardhelp for details. 

The account you have with Santander is basis banking with essentially a gift card debit card you can load up and spend, but unlike a debit or credit card each transaction needs to be authorised at point of sale. This isn't a debit or credit card. 

Your options are PAYG or upgrade your account.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried a PAYG SIM with a recurring top-up? It'll be a diff SIM from Pay as you go SIMs .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look at the PAYG service and will get back to it once I'm able to Upgrade Santander.

Kind regards,

Helder

Investigator

I'll get to it just now, thank you very much for your help. Have a nice week.

Kind regards,

Helder

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.