by timwis
Explorer

How do I switch from pay-as-you-go to a Flex plan?

I just got a pay as you go SIM last week and wasn't told about the Flex plans. Now that I see them on the website, they look much better. I'd like to switch to one. Do I need to order a new SIM or can I switch? The store is a bit far so can I do this online?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I switch from pay-as-you-go to a Flex plan?

You can't switch a PAYG SIM to Flex. You need to order a Flex SIM from Flex plans .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@timwis  Before you go ordering a new sim and having to wait for it to arrive give customer service a call and they probably be able too switch you to a flex plan.    

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As Chris says, it's perfectly possible to switch to a Flex plan. I have done so before.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@timwis customer services can move you to a flex plan.

by timwis
Explorer

Thanks all. Is there a way to contact customer services without being charged for contacting them?

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Usually on PAYG you are charged 25p per call to CS but try calling them on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.