This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by hollyh Investigator
Investigator

error code 38

i am currenty in india. when im sending a text i keep getting error code 38. i can receive texts but cant send them. how do i fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: error code 38

May be that you don't have the international prefix on the number you are trying to send to.

For example a UK mobile number should be 447....... not 07.........

by hollyh Investigator
Investigator

nope, tried that. ive input +91, just 91 and without 91. keep getting same error

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

OK I assume you have tried rebooting the phone so next step is to switch network selection to manual and choose another network. Doesn't matter if it fails or not. Then switch back to automatic and try sending a text.

by hollyh Investigator
Investigator

tried that and still not working, ive checked my message centre number is correct. ive tried changing networks, ive tried rebooting with and without my sim card in... i dont understand how i can call this number and they can call me, they can send me text messages but i cant send them to that number.

by
EE Employee

Hi hollyh

Can you advise what type of handset you are using? Do you have access to any other devices to test your SIM in?

Regards,

David M

by Gazcun

Hi David_M,

I've recently just received my Nexus 6 and I'm getting the same error 38 message as hollyh along with an error 1 message. I'm in the UK and have been sending sms messages to the same numbers as always but 5 days into having the phone I cant send messages but they can send to me.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

by Aloonatron
Explorer

I also have this problem, in the UK

Error 38 when trying to send to numbers starting 850xx

Nexus 5x

Only happened since factory reset.

Other numbers (07xxxxxx) work fine.

Have tried power-cycling
by
EE Employee

Hi @Aloonatron

So I can get you the best help, please may I know if you are using a EE personal or business account.

Many thanks,

Lee

by SianT

I'm having the same problem suddenly today, I've tried restarting, taking the card out, changing network manually and no luck.. please could you help?

by
EE Employee

Hi @SianT

What app are you using for messaging?

I've done some searching in Google and it looks like it's a messaging app error.

Have you also checked your Message Center number is correct?

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.