This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by gianisingh Investigator
Investigator

What is third party uk 700046847?

An amount of £3.75 is being deducted every week from my EE account, saying it is third party uk 700046847 contact.How to stop it I did not sign anything.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: What is third party uk 700046847?

**UPDATE**

Applying a premium rate bar to the account will stop you subscribing to any new subscriptions in future.

If a subscription is already active, the best action would be to contact our customer care team who will be able to give details of the subscription and how this can be cancelled.

Our Third Party help page also gives advice on how to search for subscriptions that show on your bill.

You can add and remove the premium rate bar in your My EE.

Select Manage Device - Call abroad and premium rate, and turn On/Off.

The text service is now active too to text BAR or UNBAR to 150

Alex Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Investigator

What is third party uk 700046847?

My EE account has been deducted with £3.75 every week sometimes twice a week saying it is a third party uk. The number shows 7900046847 .i did not sign for it. How to stop it. For the month of Oct/Nov/Dec it is about £75 taken away for nothing. Could anyone tell me how to stop it immediately?

regards

gianisingh

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @gianisingh sorry to hear you are having trouble with receiving unwanted subscription texts. There should be a number to text the code STOP to contained in the texts you receive. This will stop any further charges to your account (the STOP text you send may still be chargeable however). You can look up the details of the company charging you by checking the short code of the texts using this link:

http://psauthority.org.uk/

You can also call EE customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can apply a premium rate SMS/call bar to your account if you like and look up company information (although they will not be able to deal with any queries or refunds - these would gave to go to the third party company directly). If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. Smiley Happy
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not a phone number, it's a service ID for a third party charge. You can check these at http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/billing-and-payment/your-bill-explained/third-p...

The number you checked belongs to:
Short code number:84648
Service description:Competition subscription service (to cancel send STOP to 84648)
Contact details:02070490410 or uk@digital-fun.com.my

This service is provided by 12 Products and managed by Veoo Ltd.

Any queries (including questions about billing or charging) should be directed to the contact details above.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number: 0120 670 0434 
Customer care email: uk@12prizes.com 
Customer care website: http://12prizes.com/ 
Search result provided by: 12products B.V. 
Service connected on: 04 August 2016 
Service terminated on: This service is still operating 
Name of service: 12prizes 
Type of service: Competition - non-scratchcard 
Service description: The service operates by requesting the MSISDN in the course of a subscription service which is initiated with a PIN submit. The subscriber fills in the MSISDN and after registering the MSISDN, a PIN code is sent to the mobile number to be tapped in the PIN field. The activated service consists of a weekly service: every week the subscriber receives a SMS with a link to 10 new quiz questions. The subscribers can unsubscribe directly by texting STOP to shortcode 84648.  
How much does this service cost? SMS billing, weekly, £4.50 per week. 

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: 12products B.V.

Winthontlaan 200
Utrecht
3526 KV

N.B. They are actually taking £3.75 + VAT = £4.50 pm. 

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You're welcome @gianisingh come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. Smiley Happy
Investigator

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone
by petejordan57

hi i keep getting this bill on my account how do i stop this payment and block it.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @petejordan57 text the code STOP to the number stated in the subscription text messages you are receiving to cancel the third party service (may be chargeable). Smiley Happy

by
EE Employee

Hi @petejordan57 and welcome to the community.

Please do also give customer service a quick call to place a premium rate bar onto your account to stop future charges.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

**UPDATE**

Applying a premium rate bar to the account will stop you subscribing to any new subscriptions in future.

If a subscription is already active, the best action would be to contact our customer care team who will be able to give details of the subscription and how this can be cancelled.

Our Third Party help page also gives advice on how to search for subscriptions that show on your bill.

You can add and remove the premium rate bar in your My EE.

Select Manage Device - Call abroad and premium rate, and turn On/Off.

The text service is now active too to text BAR or UNBAR to 150

Alex Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.