This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by jordanoliver
Visitor

Mail-to-SMS Gateway

I'm looking for hte mail to sms gateway to be able to send emails to my phone as a text. Here's an example of what I mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

I need the gateway specifically for EE.

Thanks,

Jordan

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Mail-to-SMS Gateway

I don't believe that EE or any other UK mobile company provide this kind of service. T-Mobile did do it a while ago but I think that no longer works.

Looks like you will need to use one of the third party companies that can provide email to sms services.

by maverick
Visitor

o2 still provide e-mail to sms gateway as do most UK companies. EE seems unwilling to divulge their public sms gateway carrier name.There is a charge of 10 p for the receipient of the SMS and the service needs activation.So come on EE tell us your gateway name.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi Maverick, can you provide some links to the O2, Vodafone, Three and Virgin services, they would be very useful.

by APV

hi there

have you managed to solve the problem????

I am also on EE network and looking for this service (e-mail to SMS). 

I've tried to send an email to myself from the phone from the TEXT MESSAGE.

It arrives as 44XXXX XXX XXX@mms.ee.co.uk  but I cannot reply to that address. It says that : "We regret that we currently cannot accept replies to 44XXXX XXX XXX@mms.ee.co.uk"

Can you advise on what to do, if you know, please???

Thank you

Andrew

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.