This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by Angiecell
Explorer

How can I block text messages from 82288.They are conning me out of £4.50 pw

RICH TEXT

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: How can I block text messages from 82288.They are conning me out of £4.50 pw

**UPDATE**

Applying a premium rate bar to the account will stop you subscribing to any new subscriptions in future.

If a subscription is already active, the best action would be to contact our customer care team who will be able to give details of the subscription and how this can be cancelled.

Our Third Party help page also gives advice on how to search for subscriptions that show on your bill.

You can add and remove the premium rate bar in your My EE.

Select Manage Device - Call abroad and premium rate and turn On/Off.

The text service is now active too to text BAR or UNBAR to 150

Alex Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Employee

Re: How can I block text messages from 82288.They are conning me out of £4.50 pw

Welcome to the Community @Angiecell

If you can give our Customer Service Team a quick call, they are able to put various blocks to stop any future charges.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator PhonepayPlus or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number: 0333 202 7721 
Customer care email: contact@customercaredepot.co.uk 
Customer care website: Xinion Limited has not provided this information 
Search result provided by: Xinion Limited 
Service connected on: 16 January 2015 
Service terminated on: This service is still operating 
Name of service: Dedicated Shortcode 
Type of service: Competition - non-scratchcard 
Service description: Xinion Limited has not provided this information 
How much does this service cost? Xinion Limited has not provided this information 

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you 
should contact the service provider: Xinion Limited Xinion Limited Lloyds House 18-22 Lloyd Street Manchester M2 5WA

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

**UPDATE**

Applying a premium rate bar to the account will stop you subscribing to any new subscriptions in future.

If a subscription is already active, the best action would be to contact our customer care team who will be able to give details of the subscription and how this can be cancelled.

Our Third Party help page also gives advice on how to search for subscriptions that show on your bill.

You can add and remove the premium rate bar in your My EE.

Select Manage Device - Call abroad and premium rate and turn On/Off.

The text service is now active too to text BAR or UNBAR to 150

Alex Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.