This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by Doofios
Explorer

Asda Sim, EE handset. Will it work?

I have an ASDA mobile PAYG sim for my son. As I work for Asda I'd like to keep it as they do very good colleague only bundles. For Christmas I want to get him a refurbished iphone 4S. The cheapest one I've found in not unlocked but on the EE network. As Asda mobile uses the EE network I want to know if an Asda mobile sim will work in an EE network locked phone? Anyone know?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Asda Sim, EE handset. Will it work?

Yes an ASDA sim will work in a locked EE handset
Brendon

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
0800 956 6000 (Option 5) from any other phone
0800 079 8586 Home Broadband & EE TV

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes an ASDA sim will work in a locked EE handset
Brendon

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
0800 956 6000 (Option 5) from any other phone
0800 079 8586 Home Broadband & EE TV

by Doofios
Explorer

Thanks for your fast reply. That's great news
by Profile closed
Not applicable

It might not be that straight forward though.  When you say the iPhone 4S is locked to EE, do you know if that's actually T-Mobile or Orange?  If it is locked to Orange than that may cause issues for you.

No idea if an Asda SIM card will work in an Orange locked handset?  Asda mobile switched to the EE network after the T-Mobile/Orange merger and the iPhone 4S was launched before the same merger so not sure it would work in an older Orange only handset?  Newer EE handsets will now accept either Orange or T-Mobile SIM cards, but older ones don't.

by allambyr Investigator
Investigator

I wondered whether your son has had any problems when texting the 2732 number to check his balance?  My daughhter has an asda sim which we have put in an ee phone, but she gets charged for sending a balance check text to 2732. However when we put her sim in another phone, it works perfectly and gives her a different balance!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.