by lin44
Explorer

Re: trouble transfering orange emails to gmail l cant verify popserver

This is soooo embarrasing i really dont know what you mean... I am so sorry Richard but I am a real novice!!!!

L

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lin44

Please don't be embarrassed 🙂

Please see this Fsmail importing email issues post.

In the post, you need to change the log in password here

🙂

by maggiesaes Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have asked EE techno folk whether once I transfer my mails (when the service is back it's on and off at present) I will still be able to access them via Outlook as I use that as well on the PC but can't on the iPad so will use gmail on that only.Will fsnet mails still come through to Outlook?Outlook doesn't seem to want to have my gmail mails.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @maggiesaes any old emails you have downloaded and saved in outlook will stay after 31st May yes but any new emails sent to your fsnet address after that date will not be received no as the whole service is being shut down so your fsnet address will no longer exist. 🙂

Established Contributor

Now that is not waht the last techno bod I spoke to when webmail was last down at the weekend-it's down now again.He said I could still access them on Outlook so I transferred everything to Outlook ready.

It means then that any sites that use my  fsnet will have to be notified and everything transferrred to gmail if I can get it sorted which will be difficult as yet again webmail is down.

I really am sick about this I don't need the hassle.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @maggiesaes you can still access old emails yes but you will no longer be able to receive new ones because your fsnet address will no longer exist. All emails sent to you after 31st may will need to be sent to your gmail address. 🙂 

Established Contributor

So I  won'tbe able to get gmail on Outlook?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @maggiesaes you should be able to yes. Here is a link containing more information on setting up outlook to use your gmail account. :):

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/configure-microsoft-outlook-gmail-manual-settings

Established Contributor

Thank you brilliant that has been more help than the technical department have.

I shall try that and transfer my webmails once th eservice is up and running again.

Sorry but it still sickens me that this is happening after 15 years with this address.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lin44: You can change your Webmail pwd using forgotten your password? on the login page at https://email.orange.co.uk/ .

Please read What Data do you Need to Transfer your Orange Emails to Another Provider? and check your settings against those given there. You want the Broadband Emails column.

@Richard_C: @lin44 has an FSnet.co.uk email not an FSMail.net one. So that FSMail Issues thread you linked him to is not appropriate to him. I realise they are easily confused but they are completely different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@maggiesaes: You can access your GMail mailbox from your Outlook email client on your PC by adding it as a new a/c to Outlook using these GMail POP3 Configuration instructions .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @maggiesaes let me know how you get on if you have the time.

I am sorry to hear you are upset about the email closure. I understand your frustration as I am also affected. Hopefully the transition to gmail goes smoothly for you from now on. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richard_C wrote:

you need to change the log in password here

How do you navigate to that page from within your online BB a/c?

I used to have it but it's recently disappeared. All I have is Change details which leads to a page headed by "Your account details" instead of that "Your online profile for internet account" & does not have your Orange email addy, "********@xrayspex-not-really.freeserve.co.uk" at the top nor any . I've been puzzling where it's gone?

by

Thank you @XRaySpeX for the help as ever.

Cheers

Richard

:smileyhappy:

by

Hi @XRaySpeX

I have raised this with our team, any information I get back, I will share with you.

Thanks

Richard.

Established Contributor

I shall be doing it on Monday after I have transferred everything I need and maybe pruned out some stuff.Giving new details to certain companies and changing details for the bank etc will take time and I shall be changing my supplier once my contract expires I really am unhappy and will go elsewhere choosing myself this time rather than just being taken over.

i shall let you know how it all transfers.Thank you for all the help.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @maggiesaes I do understand your upset over this, hopefully it does not take you too long to update your contacts. You know where we are if you need anything else in the meantime. 🙂

by Challan Investigator
Investigator

I cannot transfer my orange emails to gmail. I phoned regarding this and they could not resolve it and  they said I would have to just forward every email to my gmail account. Having started doing this I am now locked out of my orange email account. Surely there is a way I can transfer them without completing this mundain process. my email ends in fsmail.net. I am still waiting on my orange mail to be unlocked.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Challan sorry to hear you have been locked out of your Fsmail account. Here is a link containing more information on how to get it unlocked first of all:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Email/How-to-unlock-your-FSmail-Email-account/td-p/550023

🙂

by Challan Investigator
Investigator

I have done that but still waiting, hope it does not take 24 hours as that
will be too late to manually transfer all my emails as I cannot do it
automatically as pop issue was not resolved and was told only way to
transfer emails was manually
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.