by hettycats
Explorer

transfer fsmail.net to gmail.com

I have followed the instructions to transfer my fsmail.net to my gmail.com account yet the POP server details for fsmail are invalid - online guide advises to key in everything after the @ but this does not work as my email address is my name @fsmail.net - please advise the POP service details to use or do I have to give up and manually advise and transfer each email?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

POP Server for transfer fsmail.net to gmail.com

@hettycats:

POP Server = pop.orange.net

POP Username = Your full FSMail.net email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by hettycats
Explorer

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

I have followed the instructions to transfer my fsmail account to my new gmail.com account yet it will not accept the POP server details as indicated in the online instructions. Please advise the POP server details for fsmail.net account transfers

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

POP Server for transfer fsmail.net to gmail.com

@hettycats:

POP Server = pop.orange.net

POP Username = Your full FSMail.net email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by hettycats
Explorer

You absolute star. I've looked everywhere for that information. The
online guide quotes incorrect information.
by
EE Employee

Hi @hettycats and welcome to the Community

So I can get the guide corrected, please could you supply the link to the page with the incorrect information.

Many thanks,

Lee

by AR70 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Who's affected by the Orange Email closure?

Hi

Thanks for the updates on the forum.

I received a response back by email today after emailing the CEO of EE Marc Allera. The reply came from executive.office@ee.co.uk (Connor Ross, Executive Customer Relations). The response was basically a carbon copy of the email sent to me from EE to inform me of the decision to close orange emails.. It also stated that they have not issued any orange email addresses since 2012 but there are numerous posts on the EE Community as well as on a number of other forum websites where customers have stated that they were issued orange email addresses after 2012, some in 2013 or later and some claim they were issued them recently.

Is there a way i can attach the email I received from EE executive office to a post on the EE Community website?

Regards

Amanda
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H:

1. The video doesn't cover this point: "Don't worry! The POP Username is less complicated than it sounds." LOL!
  2. Community Email closure: Our guide to switching email accounts ignores it.
  3. Community Fsmail importing email issues covers it as an addendum.
  4. Main site Read our dedicated Help page for more information on the Orange Email closure does mention it in the text but not the video.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.