by eggy43 Investigator
Investigator

transfer emails to gmail

Like everyone else, I'm going through the pain of transferring emails from xxx@orange.net to Gmail.

When I log in, my orange email shows my 'mobile number@orange.net' in the top left of the screen which I took to be my username. My email address is something different.

So, when I enter the emails adress and username to transfer my emails, I get a message to say that the details don't match - and yet I have my email account open on a different tab.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: transfer emails to gmail

What password are you using? Your Webmail pwd or your POP3 pwd. They may not be the same if you've ever changed either. It wants your POP3 pwd. They did start the same, so if you've never changed your POP3 pwd, you need your original pwd.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by eggy43 Investigator
Investigator

Like richyrichy

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Email/Cannot-import-mail-from-orange-net-to-Gmail/td-p/543050
I'm not sure..... I've been using my normal log-in password - I'm guessing thats wrong.
I've also tried the SMS request but it's not working.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, exactly :)!

SMS request hasn't worked for years. You need to remember your original pwd.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by eggy43 Investigator
Investigator

And there's no way to have it reset or sent to us?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eggy43,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

I'll look into this for you and see what I can find out.

James

by eggy43 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.