by wendymh1 Investigator
Investigator

lost mails transferring

I have been following the instructions of transferring mails from my Freeserve Address over to Gmail. It doesn't work. It takes ages with a constant sign saying try later. Now it has lost an incredible amount of personal and vital information. How is it possible that something so important is being dealt with so badly. This is financial and deeply important information. Is anyone from EE going to help in anyway? 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: lost mails transferring

That GMail error msg is usually a sign that you've only sent items in your Inbox. POP3 doesn't see sent items. You need to forward those individually.

What domain is your email addy on?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by wendymh1 Investigator
Investigator

The mails that have got lost are mails that were sent to me. They were absolutely private and important information. Yes. The only mails remaining in the inbox were sent ones from me. This is a complete nightmare. I am not an expert and have no intention of becoming

one. It has taken me four hours to lose this information and there are thousands more emails to transfer yet. 

I don't understand your domain question.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What domain is your email addy on (the bit after your name)?

@wendymh1: Did you tell GMail Import to leave copies of msgs on the server?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by wendymh1 Investigator
Investigator

freeserve.co.uk

by wendymh1 Investigator
Investigator

I am not sure if i asked for things to remain on the server.

I have also just now tried to forward mails and only 3 out of 6 have arrived.

what is going on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In GMail is there a folder called "Archive"? You may have ticked the "Archive" box in Import. Have you looked there? Also the "All Mail" folder (under More ...)?

If GMail has deleted them from Orange it must have read them to somewhere within itself.

by wendymh1 Investigator
Investigator

mails are still disappearing. any idea how to go about this now? they are not archived. the transfer signal still says cannot do now- please try later- but mails have disappeared from the inbox. once more sensitive information but too much to send one at a time. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @XRaySpeX any further ideas on this one.

Many thanks,

Lee 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It may be that "Try later" means just that. You may just have to wait until it's finished the last Import.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.