by
EE Community Support Team

Re: locked out of fsmail.net account .tried locked out email nothinghelp despera

Hi @GuzizuG

I would advise to forward these over in batches, I couldn't say for sure the definitive ammount.

Now you have been unlocked, you shouldn't have further problems.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Wodge Investigator
Investigator

Re: locked out of fsmail.net account .tried locked out email nothinghelp despera

Thanks all. Just back from my hols to find orange e-mail working perfectly once again. Ta and goodbye!!

by GuzizuG Investigator
Investigator

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

Two weeks gone and I am still locked out. Is there any progress? I still have a load of emails I need to shift and no access. Can someone chase this up? It's one thing to be closing down my account but then preventing me from doing anything about it when following your advice is insult to injury. Can you please unlock my account and disable the auto locking mechanism or at least only have it kick in if the forwarding of emails is to more then one account?

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

Hi @GuzizuG,

Welcome back to the Community.

I've unlocked your account again for you.

I can see from your previous posts that your new Email provider doesn't allow you to import your Emails directly.

Unfortunately, your account will be locked automatically when you try to forward your Emails in bulk. This is an anti-spam measure and can't be disabled.

Have you considered using an Email client such as Outlook, to save your Emails on your PC/laptop, or using an alternative Email provider?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: locked out of fsmail.net account

@GuzizuG, @James_B: Yes, that's a good idea, getting an email client on your PC to d/load all your Inbox emails to your PC over POP3. It take all the risk away of locking your mailbox by sending too much too often.

Outlook is paid for but there are other free ones out there, e,g. Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail if you can still find it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.