Highlighted
by Littleoldme Contributor
Contributor

hello I got an email from ee-email.co.uk is this a bonafide EE email address?

hello I got an email from ee-email.co.uk is this a bonafide EE email address? Please leave comments to this thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: hello I got an email from ee-email.co.uk is this a bonafide EE email address

You should never click on a link in an email unless you are sure who it comes from. Read Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it .

You'd better change your password to MyEE. What else did you give away?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: hello I got an email from ee-email.co.uk is this a bonafide EE email address

@Littleoldme  I very much doubt it.  

Ive just looked at few different emails I’ve had from EE from device orders to billing to EE broadband and even live chat copies and thay end in. @EE.co.uk.   Not @EE-email.co.uk 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it belongs to Adestra Inc of Holywell, Wales. They host email marketing services. 1 of their clients is abusing it.

Their website says:

"Received an email in error

If you feel you have been sent an email in error, or you have experienced problems unsubscribing, please contact our Abuse team at abuse@adestra.com. They will investigate your issue and ensure it is addressed."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

i there - thanks -  how do you know its from those people in Wales? How did you find that out please thanks?

Contributor

Hi there thanks - the thing is - this email sent to me told me to click on a link and it took me to a page that looked like the ee site - so I clicked on it then I was taken to a page and had to put in some information on registration to complete my registration. So I don't know what happened or if its true or not.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You should never click on a link in an email unless you are sure who it comes from. Read Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it .

You'd better change your password to MyEE. What else did you give away?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I did a Whois lookup on the domain ownership.

Contributor

Well - I didn't realise until afterwards as it had ee logos all over it. But I think I put in password and mobile number.

But when I wanted to reply to your message I was taken to an email called something@lithium.com

this is so weird.

I have already changed my password. Thanks for the help!

Contributor

Thanks for the reply!!! 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

I don't know how you reply to here by email. I just tried replying by email to an email notification of your post & it didn't work.

Contributor

yes it was replying to the email notification that I got and the address for that was somthing arother@lithium.com

very strange. but its all on ee headed email which makes no sense.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Lithium is the firm whose software platform this Community runs on. You'll see its logo at the bottom of pages. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Littleoldme

Welcome to the community. I see @XRaySpeX has given you some brilliant advice here.

I've sent you a private message to get a little more information from you about the email that you received.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Contributor

Hi Chris

I haven't got any messages in my inbox its empty. But thanks for your help. I really don't know what happened. Thanks

Contributor

Hi there

thanks again for your help. Well I think I may have to phone customer services to get peace of mind.

Thanks!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are looking at your Private Messages Inbox & not at your email Inbox?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.