by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

What are the settings for transferring fsnet emails to Outlook please ?

I have tried the various options from posters on here but not working.  Does anyone have the definitive settings for transferring fsnet emails to outlook please ?

25 REPLIES 25
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: What are the settings for transferring fsnet emails to Outlook please ?

Hello @cfjn here is a link containing the settings needed to set up POP3 access to transfer emails from you fsnet account. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/email/email-sett...

Incoming POP server - pop.orangehome.co.uk

POP username - username.fsnet.co.uk

POP password - email password

POP server port - 110

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

Thanks.  What about the outgoing (smtp) server & port please ?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @cfjn they are:

Outgoing SMTP Mail Server -  smtp.orangehome.co.uk

SMTP Username - Full fsnet email address

SMTP Password - Email password

SMTP Server Port - 25 (also 587)

🙂

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

Thanks (again).

Still not working.  Get the message :  failed to connect to SMTP server 'smtp.orangehome.co.uk'  Check your SMTP server settings.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @cfjn what are you entering as the SMTP Username? Are you using the full email address or alias you would want to send from e.g. yourname@username.fsnet.co.uk or if using an alias yourname@fsnet.co.uk and your usual webmail password? (Please do not post your actual email address or username as examples on here). You can also try changing the outgoing SMTP Mail Server from smtp.orangehome.co.uk to smtp.fsnet.co.uk. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you using Port 25 or Port 587 for the SMTP? If Port 587 you must go in Outlook to More Settings ... / Outgoing Server & tick "My SMTP server requires auth" with "Use same settings as Incoming".

Make sure SSL is not ticked for anything under Advanced.

Make sure your POP Username = just yourname.fsnet.co.uk, i.e. no '@' or the word in front.

@Profile closed:

1. There are no aliases yourname@fsnet.co.uk . They are all @orangehome.co.uk.
  2. Both SMTP Servers are equally good. They are all the same aliases for each other. There are about a dozen to choose from but if 1 don't work with the current settings nor will any other.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @cfjn @XRaySpeX I mentioned it because I can only use smtp.orangehome.co.uk for both my orangehome and fsmail account. Contrary to other posts on here if I use any other such as smtp.fsnet.co.uk or smtp.freeserve.co.uk I get the error message 'SMTP Server not responding'. 🙂

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Profile closed I am not being asked for SMTP username - just for server & port.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cfjn: That's correct. No SMTP Username is needed or asked for when you are using Port 25. It's only for Authenticated Port 587 that it's needed, but you don't need to use that now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @cfjn how are you getting on with the SMTP settings? Is it working for you now? 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Please spell what you have for the SMTP under:

1. Outgoing Mail Server on 1st page of Outlook's FSnet a/c?
  2. More Settings ... / Outgoing Server ?
  3. More Settings ... / Advanced?

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

Thanks.  Tried using both 25 & 587.  Does not like 587 and gives me "failed to connect" message using 25.

Cannot find the more settings/ ..  in Outlook to try your idea below.  How do i find this please ?

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

No.  Won't connect using 25 and really does not like 587

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which version of Outlook have you?

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

I am in the new POP acct connection page in Outlook and using smtp.orangehome.co.uk for outgoing SMTP server (does not say mail server).

Still do not see More settings

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, if you tell me which version of Outlook I'll be able to tell you how to navigate it.

It'll be easier if you set up the new FSMail a/c in Outlook once whether it works or not & then we can edit it, instead of keep trying to make a new POP3 a/c.

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

Set up web mail acct on outlook.live.com.  Don't use Outlook on my PC.

by cfjn Investigator
Investigator

How do I set up new FSMail a/c in Outlook email ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC! You are using Connected A/c's in Outlook.com.

• What have you got for Authentication? It must be Basic.
  • What have you got for Encryption? It must be None.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.