by WEEZYPEANUT Investigator
Investigator

Tried to unsubscribe from dodgey email...?

I was clearing up my emails and thought ‘i wonder if o can get less junk by unsubscribing from spam/scam mail’ so i went on my junk folder and found a Apple email that said the usual rubbish about my account having a problem, at the bottom i hit the button ‘unsubscribe’ 

It took me to a webpage (i forget exactly) that said something like “page not found” or “unable to complete request” something like that. so i closed the tab and just deleted the mail.

I then started thinking was that safe to even click on the unsubscribe button? Would the scammer now have any info of mine even though i didn’t input anything? Could i get a virus?

Btw This was all done on my Iphone 7 using the Mail App with the phone. And it’s NOT jail broken. 

Thanks. just a bit worried. probably s dumb thing to do...

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Tried to unsubscribe from dodgey email...?

You shouldn't click on any link in a scam email. They're all fake. But as long as you didn't type anything into it you'll be OK. Anyway from the msg you got it sounds as if it'd already been taken down.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions