cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Stolen Identity

ItsJustMe92
Visitor

Hi,

I just received an email to say I have ordered a handset and opened an account with you but I didn’t. I’m not even an EE customer. I tried calling customer care and it was closed. I would really like this taken care of as soon as possible as I don’t want to possibly be sent bills because my identity was stolen. The email included an account number. If you could please message me so I can get this sorted out as soon as possible. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ItsJustMe92   You will need to call customer service in the morning (8am) as is just a public forum that has no access to any accounts.

I hope you get this sorted

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ItsJustMe92 

As @Chris_B said. 

The email could also be a phishing attempt, so I hope you didn't follow any links and provide any personal information.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE don't always make it easy to get through to someone if you aren't a customer and don't have a valid EE phone number. You may want to try contacting them on Twitter or Facebook as well?

@ItsJustMe92   Just to add to what @chistery  has put if/when you call customer services and your given the options to press a number just press a number that’s not an option as this can put you through. 

Try +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . That won't ask for a mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ItsJustMe92

Thanks for coming to the community to report this email.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details from you.

Speak soon.

Leanne.