by rags2210 Investigator
Investigator

Slow email

Receiving emails from myself and colleagues at work can take more than 2 days to be delivered to my gmail account on my iPhone or laptop. Even one word emails can take this long. I don’t remember this happening before we switched to EE broadband services. I have googled the issue but can’t seem to find a fix, although one thread did mention an ISP issue?! But I have no clue how to sort that or even what it is lol. Any help anyone can give would be great 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Slow email

I note your PM & understand.

If these delayed emails are always from other people working in other parts of your firm's premises then it must be down to the tardiness of a email server there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you are using your iPhone to read your emails is it always slow to receive them? What about when you are away from home & not using your EE BB but the EE mobile network?

There is no reason for EE BB to slow down your emails. There is something else afoot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by rags2210 Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just turned WiFi off to my phone and there is no email from a colleague that I was expecting so yes could well be something else afoot!! Emails from companies and order confirmations come through straight away!

They also take a long time to arrive at laptop as I’ve sent emails from work to myself and they’ve taken days so don’t think it’s an iPhone issue. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who is your work's email provider? What domain? Is it only emails from work? If so, it could be something to do with their domain.

Have you looked in your GMail Webmail online to see if the emails have arrived there? I would doubt it tho'. If they haven't arrived there yet this has nowt to do with your devices or your EE connections.

I wasn't pointing at an iPhone issue but just using it as a device you are likely to use away from home.

by rags2210 Investigator
Investigator

I initially thought it was from my works end as emails from myself were often slow but since I’ve noticed delays from other people working in other parts of ground/buildings. 

Typically I’m not in work for a few days but doubt I’d be able to make any alterations there as it’s a super secure network and staff have no access to make any changes to the most basic things. I will give the help desk a call and see if they can find a problem. Thanks for your help

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

I note your PM & understand.

If these delayed emails are always from other people working in other parts of your firm's premises then it must be down to the tardiness of a email server there.

by rags2210 Investigator
Investigator

I’ll get on to the help desk. Thank you for the link in your PM, that was an interesting read (heaven forbid we have up to date systems lol)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & hope you get some joy from your firm's help desk. I'm sure the issue must lie close to their home.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.