by eenightmare Contributor
Contributor

Re: Replacing Freeserve Email on PC

Sheesh. Sorry mate – am lost again.

I set up Freeserve a thousand years ago and have lived since then.

I did manage to obtain a new GMail login addy! I thought that would be enough to transfer my emails to?! Clearly not.

Sorry to test your patience, but can you send me the relevant GMail instructions again please.

I play the guitar very well and can ski (a bit). I mean we’re all good at something

Tony

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
by Grand Master
Grand Master

They're all in https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Email/Re-Who-s-affected-by-the-Orange-Email-closure/m-p/546144/highlig... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by eenightmare Contributor
Contributor

Nope. Still lost!

I truly have no idea what is going on here.

"Things are only easy when you know how!!"

Am thinking of just forwarding the emails I want to keep (by email) to my new GMail account!
I will then do the same with my Contacts.

I can then concentrate on telling all my Utilities, Ticket companies, Govt agencies, Banks, etc my new email address.  One by one. Deep joy.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm sorry you couldn't get it to work. Any particular stage you are stuck at?

If you don't set up your GMail a/c in WLM, you won't be able to continue using WLM at home to read your emails & will have to rely on GMail Webmail only.

Beware of forwarding too many emails in a short space of time. It will seem like the hallmark of a spammer, altho' you are doing it legitimately, & it might lock your a/c. It appears v. difficult, but possible, to unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XRaySpeX,

We are now able to escalate locked accounts via the community.

We've been reaching out to affected customers via PM so we can make sure their accounts are unlocked.

Please feel free to tag a member of the Community Support Team if you notice a customer who needs help with this.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.