by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Re: Who’s affected by the Orange Email closure?

Hi,

I first attempted to export my orange emails (fsnet.co.uk) to my existing gmail account. About a week ago.

However, as yet nothing as transfered over.

When I look at the gmail setting for account/import/export, you can try manually & retreive  & you can see the a import log, showing times it tried to import (view history) But the log shows 'no emails retrieved'

I've tried using both the 'pop.orangehome.co.uk' & 'pop.orange.net' to no avail.

I did see on another post suggesting to change the password word, but is this to change the orange password or the gmail one?

Also, I've noticed in some posts saying orangemail is closing on th 31st march & another 31st May.

Any help with these matters would be much appreciated. 

16 REPLIES 16
by Legend
Legend

Hi, 

This thread and the sticky threads in the email forum (the one you posted) give you all the information you need to move accounts. 

As for password then that's your Orange account according to other posts people have made. 

When are we closing Orange Email?

Orange Email will be closed on 31st May 2017. After this date you won’t be able to send or receive any emails with your Orange address, or be able to access emails saved to that account.

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Importing FSnet.co.uk into GMail

@Rockdove: It's the Orange Webmail pwd. That has worked for FSMail.net users who couldn't get it to work 1st time, but not seen it done for other domains.

Where exactly did you see the Import log? You could try Accounts and Import /

Add an email account which run continuously instead of the 1-shot Import.

Orange emails closes completely on 31 May.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Re: Importing FSnet.co.uk into GMail

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

by
EE Community Support Team

Great @Rockdove.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks 🙂

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I've changed the password on my orange email account, but still no emails have been transfered. 😞

My email is a ex-freeserve ; fsnet.co.uk.

I've tried all avenues mentioned in other posts, but still no joy.

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Rockdove

Do you get an error message when trying to set up the import or does it show it's set up successfully but just doesn't function?

Thanks - Karen. :smileyhappy:

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Not had any error messages, apart when I first tried sutting up last week. This was caused by putting the wrong info in the wrong boxes. I've managed to get around that part & dies appear to all setup correctly. When I was checking the (in settings/account/import/export) history, it was showing 'no emails retrieved'

That said, in last hour, some emails have now left my orange webmail. But not yet received in the gmail account.

Besides using my my orange email addres, I've setup another Using the members@*****.fsnet.co.uk, for importing. Also, I'm experimenting with pop servers between; orange.net & orange.home.

which sometimes, when I send emails from my webmail it uses both of these for some reason, for both receveive/send emails from this besides my main one. I never undestood why there was two addresses.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rockdove wrote:

I've setup another Using the members@*****.fsnet.co.uk, for importing.

Don't put that as your POP Username. That could the reason you are not receiving any emails at GMail. There may be none matching "member@". I would guess you have many emails sent to you as "YourName@*****.fsnet.co.uk" as is usual. That POP Username won't pick up those. Just put your POP Username as "*****.fsnet.co.uk". It's the POP Username that decides which emails to pick up, not the email addy.

Don't waste time testing different POP Servers. They are all the same & there are about a dozen variant aliases.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Rockdove

Thanks for getting back to me!

It's certainly a strange one - as if something wasn't set up correctly you would get an error message.

Thanks @XRaySpeX!!

Let us know how it goes.

:smileyhappy:

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Another update, some emails have now come through from webmail.

But now getting this:-

Authentication error.
Server returned error "[IN-USE] Unable to lock maildrop: Mailbox is locked by POP server"

I assume the reason might be the volume of emails transfered?

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for the info I was using the member@****.fsnet.co.uk one for the other email address retrieval.

So, should emails what historically have been sent to members one come through my main one?

Hope this makes sense.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not really! To clarify, you have only 1 mailbox for each email a/c. All emails sent to you for that a/c end up in that 1 mailbox whatever they have in front of the '@'. When you try to read them the POP Username you specify determines which ones you see. POP Username = "****.fsnet.co.uk" reads every 1 of them, whereas "fred@****.fsnet.co.uk" only reads those sent to "fred".

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thank you for you tips.  Emails gradually coming through now, the 'Lock error' seems to have disappeared for now.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

by

Thanks for keeping us updated @Rockdove :smileyhappy:

Let us know if you have any other issues.

- James

by Rockdove Investigator
Investigator

Thank you very much for your help everyone.

Managed to move about 30% of my mail so far.

Apologies for delay on reply, just been busy creating new folders for the gmail account.

by

Good morning @Rockdove.

No problem at all.

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.