by alcoul Contributor
Contributor

Re: Orange Email Closing - 31st March 2017

I have received notice that my freeserve email is closing but no news re my fsmail account. Is this also closing? I am a pensioner and would appreciate the easiest way to move these accounts. I already have a google account but have read that doing anything with the fsmail account is difficult. Advce for this Luddite would be appreciated. Also, I should add that this has been handled in a very unsatisfactory way for all your customers.

2 REPLIES 2
by Legend
Legend

Hi, 

As per this sticky post in the email forum 

The following email addresses are affected and will close:

• Orange.net
  • Orangehome.co.uk
  • Wanadoo.co.uk
  • Freeserve.co.uk
  • Fsbusiness.co.uk
  • Fslife.co.uk 
  • Fsmail.net
  • Fsworld.co.uk
  • Fsnet.co.uk

If you use one of these email addresses, you won’t be able to access your inbox or send and receive emails after 31st May.

This post gives you advice on how to transfer your account over. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Read Fsmail importing email issues for importing your FSMail emails into GMail.

For contacts, there is no "Export Contacts" in FSMail.net. Have a look at this handy guide on How to create edit csv files on the Microsoft support pages to see how you can construct a file that can be imported into your GMail contacts.

You can only transfer your contacts from Orange to GMail by getting Orange Webmail to generate a .CSV file & importing that file into GMail Contacts.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.