by m1cha3ll0w3
Explorer

Re: No longer able to send e-mail via your EE/Orangehome Account?

@So-disappointed

I wholly agree with you. Only now years later when I want to move away from the very unethical google have I found out that EE has stopeed its smtp server service, no notification from them whatsoever was ever received and trust me I watch my emails like a hawk! So yes I shall include EE as an unethical company and shall be taking my business to ethical internet! watch how quickly EE wil come crawling when they realis eI am leaving its really qiuet pathetic, BT all over again!!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@So-disappointed? Why should EE provide an SMTP when they run no email service? Name a non-email provider who provides a free-standing SMTP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by m1cha3ll0w3
Explorer

because they used to, pretty dumb question you asked me? christ how long have you beenwith them? clearly not as long as I

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@m1cha3ll0w3: Things change & suppliers may change terms with suitable notice. You're now just asking for the impossible.

You'd be surprised! Did you read my sig? Smiley Wink

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by m1cha3ll0w3
Explorer

not really, I'm expecting clean, clear and transparent, but more specifically ethical 
procedures! but clearly I will not get this from big companies like EE so I am going to approach someone I know who is a master at this sort of thing. consequently I don't suppose you happen to know what the deal is with EE and leaving them if I have been with them since before when I was with orange and they took over orange. My contract will have long since expired and is now on a rolling contract, correct? so my only obligation to them is to give 30 days notice with no fees to pay other than what I owe them for the remainder of those 30 days from date of notice?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@m1cha3ll0w3: Not even 30 days notice for BB but 14 days if you're stopping BB at your home completely. You will have no extra fees to pay if you've passed your current contract's min term.

However if you want to migrate your BB to another ISP you don't contact EE at all but apply for BB directly with the other ISP. They will take care of everything bar your final bill. Your EE contract will end when the other ISP takes over your line.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions