by DaveHenery
Explorer

Re: Gmail couldn't identify your POP server

"ERROR This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later." I have moved a few 100 e mails to Gmail, but there is a stubborn 100 left in my INBOX. I tried again and got this error. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

ERROR This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later

@DaveHenery: That GMail error msg is usually a sign that you've only sent items in your Inbox. POP3 doesn't see sent items. You need to forward those individually.

What domain is your email addy on (the bit after your name)?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DaveHenery
Explorer

Re: ERROR This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later

Freeserve

by DaveHenery
Explorer

To clarify.

I have moved a few hundred emails from my inbox, but 30+ were left behind.

So I tried again.

I have however moved my sent items into my inbox, which has increased it to 100 +

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I've already said, you can't import sent items into Gmail; you have to forward them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DaveHenery
Explorer

Thanks anyway

In the process of moving 109 e mails one at a time.

I am not sure EE understand the grief they have caused to long standing customers?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Of course! This decision is made by the board & their bean-counters. They're not concerned with the technical details.

by southernbelle Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have found that this error message comes up and then I find that after a couple of hours the emails have found their way to my Gmail inbox!  So it may just be that, if it is not a sent mail, you just need to wait a while!  Because of this it is taking twice as long to transfer my emails and I still have to change my email address on the dozens of sites I am registered with.  There are a lot because I am disabled and so do most of my shopping and dealing with banks, utilities, etc online!

I must say that I am really disgusted with the amount of work EE have caused their loyal customers and that I am moving my mobile account to another provider and I am sorely tempted to move my broadband as well!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.