by Grand Master
Grand Master

Question about Windows mailing Programs regarding Transferring Data from Orange

Posted in the open:

@bea2_francis wrote:

Here is my real headache and few questions:

Are we talking about transferring all content from Orange webmail only to g-mail, or ALSO content of any other regular Mailing Service (Programs) people use including PC 'Windows based' (not online) - but set-up on Accounts based on various Orange addresses??

Here is my problem:
I regularly (daily) use my old good IncrediMail with all their 'bells & whistles' (Letters, Animations, Sounds, Ecards, Emoticons), but having paid account with them means I can also first of all check what's on the (Orange) Server and let into my inbox only what's important and DELETE the rest, practice I've been following daily and for years. IncrediMail is 'PC friendly' desktop Program using Internet only for 'send/receive' or to download stationary Items. Little bit like old Outlook Express..

I very rarely use Orange webmail - and indeed, when checked on Sat - there is NOTHING in my inbox, couple of junk mails, handful of drafts, 100 Sent Items. Last time I used that webmail (sending messages) dates to 2015, so the rest of it (I mean hundreds!) 'lives' in all Folders of my IncrediMail for access and reference, here going back to 2010, or so, but not much further beyond.

I had and used IncrediMail for nearly 2 decades and backed up all that Content (mail, picture attachments - sent or received, contacts) on regular bases in form of zipped Fails so I can easily transfer them to different PCs and laptops (there were few over the years) setting IncrediMail Program over again. Quite a few of these Zipped Files using IM's ONLY Transfer Tool when EXPORTING Data are saved in older Folders on my big drive and should I need to - I can still IMPORT that Data via Import button in my main IM. Will they be USELESS now? They are either sent by me or to me using my fsbusiness address! Will my WHOLE IncrediMail collapse since Orange address is used to set it up, and other accounts - like hotmail (now Outlook) and g-mail are merely added over years, but MAIN setting of that Program rests on your Orange address!? Will all my mailing other Data (e-mails with envelope icons) already stored on PC be also 'gone'?? I don't need to go online to read and see any of it.

Now 'problem' Nr2:
In 2015 I set up my g-mail mailing Account and promptly synchronized it with IncrediMail to be able to receive mail both from g-mail and Pop wanadoo.
Again - what's important I send using 'get msg' button into my IM inbox removing from Server unwanted mail or junk.
I can also reply to people there (using IM Program) either to Messages sent to Pop wanadoo (fsbusiness) address, or g-mail (using my gmail user name) - in every case those Sent Messages are placed in my Sent Items Folder.
It would take me months and months to sift through that Box to see which is which!!

Naturally my G-mail own online Mailing Service has their own Message Folders (including Sent Items incoming from my fsbusiness add. too)
On top of it all - when checking my g-mail Messages on my Smart Phone - I often see and know they already came to my IncrediMail that day, so are DELETED them from phone this time.

What was the point of synchronizing g-mail Mailing Service with Orange one, oh dear, oh dear..Smiley Sad(
Can You please tell me WHAT TO DO. Is there any other Mailing Service (apart from g-mail) that might IMPORT Orange Messages and Content?? Please treat my Caps mainly as bold letters. Sorry about this lengthy text.

I am LOST!! and beg for Help. I keep my e-mails as a source of Reference and use either privately, or in research sending countless internet links to myself a.s.o to be at hand. I have e-mails saved on my PC in Folders on different Drives confirming purchase of countless Software with SN: inside. I just CANNOT imagine parting with it or loosing completely.Kind Regards. E.F

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
19 REPLIES 19
by bea2_francis Contributor
Contributor

Re: HOW DO I TRANSFER FSMAIL E-MAILS TO OUTLOOK WEB BASED?

Hi ScotsPensioner,

I have the same problem! I had my Hotmail account for ages and ages, but since they changed to Microsoft Outlook.com I only managed to keep all my Post there (in all Folders), but found out today that this is Light version of Outlook and not Standard??

Light version has limited options and apparently will not allow importing Messages from fsmail (mine is freeserve) to it. Any advice? I also have gmail, but they tell us NO 'Sent Items' by bulk.. Nightmare!!

by
EE Employee

Hi @bea2_francis and welcome to the Community.

Please do see the previous post by @XRaySpeX as that may be of great help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Question about Windows mailing Programs regarding Transferring Data from Ora

@bea2_francis: I'm not clear on all the Qs you've asked amongst that but on 1st reading I think you have nowt to do & nowt to worry about as you have always put all Orange email stuff on PCs.

1. Everything on your PCs stays on your PCs, even after the Orange closure. Your back-ups from IM will still be valid & contain all your Orange emails you have there.
  2. As you have nowt of interest in your Orange mailbox, you have no need to import it anywhere. Your existing Orange a/c's in IM & GMail will continue to d/load new emails there until 31 May.
  3. You may find that after 31 May your IM connection to your Orange a/c with either do nowt or report fails. You could/should remove your Orange a/c from IM. Same goes for GMail.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Hello L_H and thanks for Your attention.

I only just found out today that my fsbusiness CANNOT be connected to Outlook.com, as suggested above - because my Outlook.com is apparently 'Light Version' which doesn't support this Feature. However 'Standard Version' of Outlook.com does. I had no idea. I used Hotmail.com more than Outlook.com hence not noticing. My hotmail was in the past easily synchronized with other Mailing providers, but looks that they substituted it with something 'lighter' now (read: less functional, as usual off course) I'm working on it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bea2_francis: Never heard before of a Light version of Outlook.com but just found this: How do I get to the standard version of Outlook Web App? 

Read all about it in Outlook on the web Light - Outlook - Office Support .

Contributor

Splendid!:) Will investigate further. Thanks so much for that link. I haven't heard about light version either. It kindly informed me what I'm using after I hit '?' mark on my Outlook.com e-mail page. Regards.

by
EE Employee

Contributor

Hi Lee_H,

So far it seems I've been using (old, but regular) Outlook 'Sign In' icon on my desktop to get to my Account and indeed there I'm using IE browser not supported by Outlook.com - hence Light Version:)

When I tried to sign in through Chrome however - I got 'brand new looking' Mailing page with much more options! Even Themes like in my old hotmail, wow:) I reckon this must be 'Standard Version' then, which might be useful indeed when connecting to freeserve. I'm going to keep both, I think, but when ready for shipping my Post from Orange to Outlook (it needs much more thought and organizing, it's vast!) - I'll post my results here.

Please tell me if You may, if this whole operation with saving Orange post is an action between Servers ONLY (I mean Orange webmail and other online mail Providers) - OR PC based mailing Programs are 'safe' when all messages are saved to PC anyway? It would cure my headache! I have nothing on Orange server, my Orange webmail inbox is empty!:) All saved on my PC. If so - I wouldn't even have to use Outlook.com for this operation at all and leave it be, lol. I don't believe Orange stated that clearly!? Thanks in advance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bea2_francis: Yes, all this business of importing your Orange emails to  other online mail Providers is an action only between servers; your mailbox on Orange (not Webmail which is just a view of it) to your mailbox on the other provider. It is independent of any PC email clients you may be using.

Didn't I tell you all about that in Question about Windows mailing Programs regarding Transferring Data from Orange ?

Contributor

Re: Question about Windows mailing Programs regarding Transferring Data from Ora

I'm so sorry XRaySpeX, didn't realize I had this answer from You already. Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest considerably:) It looks to me I will have to work out how to switch Main Identity in IncrediMail based on fs address to another based probably on gmail and how to 'put back' all my freeserve mail into new Identity Setting.

Each Identity there has individual look, set of Folders, different content. The whole thing is a bit archaic, but when I managed to set it up again on my new laptop with Win7 4 years ago I was dead proud:) Thank You once more.

by
EE Employee

Glad you are sorted @bea2_francis

Much appreciated for the help @XRaySpeX 🙂

Cheers

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bea2_francis wrote:

how to 'put back' all my freeserve mail into new Identity Setting.

Wouldn't be simpler just to leave them where they are. Altho' I prefer a mail client with a common set of folders with a common Inbox (just like OE :smileywink:).

Just switch your default (main?) account (identity?) from Freeserve to GMail.

Contributor

Hello again and thanks!!  I'm glad You made it clear that all e-mails based on fs SAVED to PC are safe. I had many 'blond thoughts' that they will either disappear or clicking on little post icons will show empty content. Good evening and thanks.

Contributor

Thank You Lee_H, much appreciated help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Qs re: Windows mailing Programs regarding Transferring Data from Orange

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Worth Remembering when using POP (Orange fs) Accounts alongside Gmail!?..

Posted in the open:

@bea2_francis wrote:

Hello, yesterday I was checking my gmail Account Settings and came across 'Less secure apps' Section, which reads:

'Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks. Learn more
Access for less secure apps
Turn off
Turn on'

I decided to turn in 'OFF', as recommended, and not realizing impact of it - when checking today my mail in Program I use daily (IncrediMail) I was halted!:(

I got lst Message:
Authorization for account 'Gmail' failed, POP3 functionality is not configured correctly, go to: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754

So I manually once again filled in my gmail Username and Password, only to get 2nd Message from Incredi:

Gmail Logon Authorization failure: Server Details, Username and password not accepted...

Back to Gmail post online, login in, and checking my Settings after. Just by chance I looked into 'Less secure apps' again and decided to turn in back 'ON'..

AND THAT WAS IT!:) All working now. Not being that fluent on all Gmail apps - perhaps help on 'Read Gmail messages on other email clients using IMAP' kicked in, but for sure 'Allowing less secure apps to access your account' - in this case too.

When all to do with Orange is done and dusted I might reconsider switching it back 'OFF'. Regards.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Worth Remembering when using POP (Orange fs) Accounts alongside Gmail!?..

@bea2_francis wrote:

When all to do with Orange is done and dusted I might reconsider switching it back 'OFF'. Regards.

@bea2_francis: Do that & you'll never be able to use IncrediMail ever again, It's your email client that GMail is objecting to not your use of an Orange a/c within it.

GMail is being over-cautious & objects to most email clients for some reason. If you were happy with using IM before this exercise why should it change just cuz you now have a GMail email addy, that you don't even need to go to GMail Website to look at?

Contributor

Hi XRaySpeX, valid point!!

I thought this example might be useful to someone else dealing with similar 'enigma'.. I doubt IncrediMail is that widely used (I have no idea and wouldn't like to neither promote it, lol, nor put down), but other 'e-mail Clients' might apply same condition? Here I will add - until day before and yesterday I had no idea my Gmail/Google setting regarding Access for less secure apps was always set 'ON' (must have been if I could use IM without problem?)

Yesterday, and for the first time - Google send me an e-mail that 'someone' has changed that setting from OFF to ON. So yes, they are watchful.

To my modest defence:) - it might be a case of me using older version of IM (with all important Licenses there paid for life, and vast collection of own added content over the years too..), and updated one deals with mail addies already and better? I might have to look into that closer having no other option (soon)

If something works and if it ain't broke.. I use a lot of photo Tools for instance restoring old damaged images and wouldn't swap trusted ones (like Corel PSP) for later so called 'improved' versions that might miss some of their useful features altogether. Looks like I follow that notion across other (here mailing) Software.., but realize security matters are much more vital!

True to say - We learn something new every day!:) Thanks for that, much appreciated. Enjoy Your weekend. Regards.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.